mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I have been tasked to brief all my work colleagues on diabetes prior to me returning to full operational duty ( Fire Service ).
I just wondered if anyone had any Powerpoint Presentations on diabetes that may help ? Long shot I know but if you don't ask......
I'm not being lazy, I'm just useless on computers lol ! Thanks, Mo

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi mo can't offer any help really just wanted to say good luck :)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
When do you need it by? ...hopefully not tomorrow, I need time to scan various USB drives to find the one I used for my work. :crazy:

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Thanks Brett. Conrad, no rush, next couple of weeks ? Any help would be great. I can talk about it OK but just would be nice to have a few slides to refer to.
Mo

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
mo1905 said:
Thanks Brett. Conrad, no rush, next couple of weeks ? Any help would be great. I can talk about it OK but just would be nice to have a few slides to refer to.
Mo

I'll see what I can find. Do you have any Fire-Service oriented requirements? E.g. Don't give glucose during a fireman's lift? Or any idea of what you need / walk to talk about? E.g. the mechanics of T1 (i.e. what it is, how it works, etc.)

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Doesn't need to be Fire Service specific. Basically, a general background on what diabetes is, treatment, signs/symptoms etc. My main goal is to educate colleagues that if properly controlled, I am not a liability to work with. I want to ensure them that it won't affect my performance and I can be relied upon. Lastly, I want them to understand if I ever felt unwell/hypo, things to look out for etc. I am a pretty good talker though so much of this I can explain. Just a basic diabetes PP would be great just for reference. Many thanks
Mo