1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetes Powerpoint Presentation

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mo1905, Aug 15, 2013.

1. mo1905

mo1905 Type 1 · BANNED

I have been tasked to brief all my work colleagues on diabetes prior to me returning to full operational duty ( Fire Service ).
    I just wondered if anyone had any Powerpoint Presentations on diabetes that may help ? Long shot I know but if you don't ask......
    I'm not being lazy, I'm just useless on computers lol ! Thanks, Mo

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. mrman

mrman Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi mo can't offer any help really just wanted to say good luck :)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

3. ConradJ

ConradJ Type 1 · Well-Known Member

When do you need it by? ...hopefully not tomorrow, I need time to scan various USB drives to find the one I used for my work. :crazy:

4. mo1905

mo1905 Type 1 · BANNED

Thanks Brett. Conrad, no rush, next couple of weeks ? Any help would be great. I can talk about it OK but just would be nice to have a few slides to refer to.
    Mo

5. ConradJ

ConradJ Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'll see what I can find. Do you have any Fire-Service oriented requirements? E.g. Don't give glucose during a fireman's lift? Or any idea of what you need / walk to talk about? E.g. the mechanics of T1 (i.e. what it is, how it works, etc.)

6. mo1905

mo1905 Type 1 · BANNED

Doesn't need to be Fire Service specific. Basically, a general background on what diabetes is, treatment, signs/symptoms etc. My main goal is to educate colleagues that if properly controlled, I am not a liability to work with. I want to ensure them that it won't affect my performance and I can be relied upon. Lastly, I want them to understand if I ever felt unwell/hypo, things to look out for etc. I am a pretty good talker though so much of this I can explain. Just a basic diabetes PP would be great just for reference. Many thanks
    Mo

7. Hobs

Hobs Type 2 · Master

8. mo1905

mo1905 Type 1 · BANNED

Thanks Hobs. Can't seem to get them on my phone but I'll take a look later on laptop.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook