Diabetes uk

hill4332

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Just had a letter to say my £12 sub is going up to £36.
Personally not worth it as most is adverts tobuy .Was useful for advice line
What does everyone think?

D

Deleted Account

I noticed the subscription is going up.
I understand what you mean about whether it is worth it for what you get out of Diabetes UK in terms of Balance magazine and emails.
However, I see my subscription as a charitable donation which gives them the funds to campaign the government to change their policies, educate and do research to fins a cure for diabetes.
For this, £36 sounds reasonable to me.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had a letter to say my £12 sub is going up to £36.
Personally not worth it as most is adverts tobuy .Was useful for advice line
What does everyone think?

I thought the Supporting Membership allowed you to choose how much you paid, whether annually or monthly

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Do they still have the lifetime membership option? I believe I got it about 4 decades ago but as I haven't lived in the UK for twenty years I'm out of touch....

D

Deleted member 308541

However, I see my subscription as a charitable donation which gives them the funds to campaign the government to change their policies, educate and do research to fins a cure for diabetes.
I think the same way, when it comes time for me pay my Diabetes Queensland sub each year of $38.00, which is 50% off the annual fee.

I get four magazines a years called Circle, monthly newsletters by email, and emails of any news worth items.

We used to get a fridge magnet, but they stopped giving them out this year.

Reactions: Kim Possible

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting. I resigned from DUK a few years back as I thought their diet advice was dire and they didn't recognise Late onset T1 (LADA). They are also too close to Newcastle University research (Calories not Carbs), Tesco etc. Apart from that they are fine!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Lol - I chose to join as a professional member. It seems to mean they take my ramblings a little more seriously.