diabetic and pregnant

glitterzoe

well all is going well, my bloods are ok (highs 9-10 but most of the day a respectable 5-7) but I am having trouble with hypos in the morning even though I have changed my bace line and my insulin befor my tea. What is really worrying me is that for the last few morings (early) I have woken up wet with sweat and almost halusanating (sorry about the spelling) I have had a quick drink of lucazade and when I have come round in the morning tested my bloods to find them at the 2-3. I have been diabetic for 30 years and know most of my bodys responces for low and high blood suger but this one is a new one to me. Just wondering if anyone had some advice? Also how do you manage to make yourself eat when you have morning sickness as I am finding dry crackers arnt really fullfilling my needs :lol:

Celtic.Piskie

Dislikes
Whole-wheat past and rice, tastes horrible. Cats, spiders, and people who think nick jonas is a musician.
Congratulations :)

Basically, eat what you can stomach. Flat, normal coke first thing in the morning really did help me.
I usually woke up low, not quite as bad as you, but the coke helped with th at, and the caramel helped my stomach, as did ginger biccies. Great if you can stomach them.

Try not to make yourself eat. There will be times when you are feeling able to eat, so it's much better to eat then, as if you force yourself, well it just made me feel worse.
Ham /cheese straight out of the fridge lol.
Chili hotdogs were a favourite with me...

I'm 25, and my daughter's 18 months old... we got through it okay :)
Very dull pregnancy lol.

Just try to relax, and just go with the flow. don't make yourself eat when you're feeling ill, and eat what you want to eat.

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
ahhhh, it's all fun and games with pregnancy and Type 1! That baby will test your testing skills :wink: my advice would be to test as often as you can and don't be tempted to over correct with your fast acting insulin if you get any random highs - and try and enjoy the time as much as you can!! :D

Best wishes :p

glitterzoe

Thanks for the feed back, I must say that I have been lucky so far as I havent suffered from any "Highs" (thats probably yet to come) enjoyed seeing the heart beat for the first time last week so we know everythings ok (sofar) I will keep posted about the changes happening to me so any one else can help of find it a help. Again thanks alot :lol: :lol: