Diabetic Craft Club

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It is lovely. The expression is great. Is the light green behind the tiger's head half cross stitch or just the way the light has caught the picture?
Found a cross stitch I did years ago the other day. I must take a picture before it gets put away again
...the section at the top was in half cross stitch done in one strand....was quite tricky as just variations of green in about half a dozen shades....and chart was only in black and white...

Reactions: Sable_Jan
S

Sable_Jan

My little hedgehog is still a work in progress. Getting there slowly, needling legs at the moment. I've found I can't do it for too long as it makes my condition flare up and makes my wrists and fingers ache. I've asked for other kits for Christmas as I'm quite enjoying it.
Ah, that's the felting....glad it's going OK

Reactions: NicolaB70

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
My little hedgehog is still a work in progress. Getting there slowly, needling legs at the moment. I've found I can't do it for too long as it makes my condition flare up and makes my wrists and fingers ache. I've asked for other kits for Christmas as I'm quite enjoying it.
That is wonderful Nicola. I wonder what they will be.?

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Good to have found a new hobby. Looking forward to seeing the finished article!

tinyfilosofer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
6c13dc76756f89cd54dfd7b536423faa.jpg

Pic not doing it justice lol.

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
That looks wonderful tiny. I love chunky jumpers. Shame the photo doesn't do it justice. Merry Christmas! :)

Reactions: mist and Sable_Jan

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks really comfy and warm @tinyfilosofer

I'm going backwards for Christmas, I've frogged one wool sweater and have another to do, I blame the diabetic diet, I've lost weight and they looked ridiculous.

The weight loss is a very good thing but the first one was cabled all over, knitted last winter and hardly worn so I'm just going to use the yarn for a plain one now, (I still have a lot of weight to go so it seems a bit of a waste making it too fancy).

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type

I'm going backwards for Christmas, I've frogged one wool sweater and have another to do, I blame the diabetic diet, I've lost weight and they looked ridiculous.

The weight loss is a very good thing but the first one was cabled all over, knitted last winter and hardly worn so I'm just going to use the yarn for a plain one now, (I still have a lot of weight to go so it seems a bit of a waste making it too fancy).
ridip! ridip!

S

Sable_Jan

Frogged being undone?

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I managed to finish this Christmas pressie for a friend in memory of her mum, who loved doves.

Attachments

• 20161224 Dove  (1).JPG
    20161224 Dove (1).JPG
    623.8 KB · Views: 168
N

NicolaB70

I've finally finished my needle felting hedgehog. I'm quite pleased with the way it's turned out as it's the first one I've ever done. I'm not happy with his nose, I think it looks like a pigs snout but one whole I'm happy with him.

IMG_0555.JPG IMG_0556.JPG IMG_0557.JPG

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Awww he is beautiful Nicola, and it is the first one you have made too... I love him!!