Diabetic Craft Club

DaftThoughts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks! I'm on a roll today, managed to create the first pocket for one side of the inner lining. :) Broke a needle going over the zipper because I backstitched too much, but lesson learned! It turned out really nice, I managed to use the leftover curtain fabric I had to cut off my curtains to fit, and a random zipper that fit the size.

This ought to be plenty big for my needles and lancets on the go. The second one will be the disposed needles bag, same size and everything.

The best feature about this bag will be that it will even fit my Frio case. :D

KBjJ1mA.jpg

IaG48gj.jpg

Reactions: Sable_Jan
S

Sable_Jan

Thanks! I'm on a roll today, managed to create the first pocket for one side of the inner lining. :) Broke a needle going over the zipper because I backstitched too much, but lesson learned! It turned out really nice, I managed to use the leftover curtain fabric I had to cut off my curtains to fit, and a random zipper that fit the size.

This ought to be plenty big for my needles and lancets on the go. The second one will be the disposed needles bag, same size and everything.

The best feature about this bag will be that it will even fit my Frio case. :D

KBjJ1mA.jpg

IaG48gj.jpg
You're good. Far better than YOU thought you were. You just needed to believe in yourself! And now you've proved it to yourself

DaftThoughts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You're good. Far better than YOU thought you were. You just needed to believe in yourself! And now you've proved it to yourself
Thank you! Internet be praised! ;) It's so easy to learn new things when you have the internet as a resource. :D

I finished the bag a short while ago and it's awesome! I'm going to find an iron-on design for the front of it to make it visually more interesting, but I already like this more than the separate bags. It's more flexible and it's easier to take out and put in the things I need. :)

Gallery here so I don't spam the bejeebus out of everyone!

I made some mistakes but nothing that ruins functionality. ;) And for my second bag ever it looks fantastic!

Bonus points because my Frio bag will fit snuggly too, I'm ready for summertime!

Reactions: Fi2000

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hey everyon just fund this thread ...I am doing a hippie blanket at the moment , wonderfull that we can see each others creations here..
17156300_433281307012526_4923323381066279979_n.jpg

Reactions: MsMelis and geefull
S

Sable_Jan

hey everyon just fund this thread ...I am doing a hippie blanket at the moment , wonderfull that we can see each others creations here..View attachment 22213
Lovely blend of colours.
I can see now they aren't yet stitched together. When I saw them earlier on my phone it looked like it was a table covering (like my grandma used to have a chenille table cover on)
I made a double bed sized one years ago and tried to sell it on ebay once (my highest bid was about 35 pounds and at the time the yarn alone was worth about 130....) its still folded in the drawer under my bed ......

Reactions: tinyfilosofer

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely blend of colours.
I can see now they aren't yet stitched together. When I saw them earlier on my phone it looked like it was a table covering (like my grandma used to have a chenille table cover on)
I made a double bed sized one years ago and tried to sell it on ebay once (my highest bid was about 35 pounds and at the time the yarn alone was worth about 130....) its still folded in the drawer under my bed ......

thank you dear <3
oh , we need it in the sitting room in wintertime, and yes the yarn is rather expencive. I have bought most of it on sale but still it is wool and the kind you can wash in a machine, because I know I will need that sometimes..well at low temperature and only washed in shampoo...:)
it has just been fashion here in my country..but I only learned the way to make the squares 6 month ago... so it is kind of a childhood dream to get a real hippie blanket ;)

S

Sable_Jan

thank you dear <3
oh , we need it in the sitting room in wintertime, and yes the yarn is rather expencive. I have bought most of it on sale but still it is wool and the kind you can wash in a machine, because I know I will need thaat sometimes..well at low temperature and only washed in shampoo...:)
it has just been fashion here in my country..but I only learne the way to make the squares 6 month ago... so it is kind of a childhood dream to get a real hippie blanket ;)
I can't use real wool....it irritates my skin :(.
You can make lots of things with squares. I started when I was young enough to have dolls to dress....(in the 60's) I used to make them ponchos by arranging the squares around an imaginary central one, sew them together then do a few rows of double crochet (English meaning, not American) around the edge and make some fringing then in the central hole I would do a few rows of trebles (again the English..like you've used for the squares) or pick up and knit a ribbed neck/collar. A dropped sleeve, slash neck jumper (sweater).....

Reactions: tinyfilosofer

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't use real wool....it irritates my skin :(.
You can make lots of things with squares. I started when I was young enough to have dolls to dress....(in the 60's) I used to make them ponchos by arranging the squares around an imaginary central one, sew them together then do a few rows of double crochet (English meaning, not American) around the edge and make some fringing then in the central hole I would do a few rows of trebles (again the English..like you've used for the squares) or pick up and knit a ribbed neck/collar. A dropped sleeve, slash neck jumper (sweater).....

oh all kinds of wool ? this that I use is a very soft kind of wool almost a bit acrylic ..

and yes I have thought of making something from very little squares like clothes of a kind...:)

Reactions: Sable_Jan
S

Sable_Jan

oh all kinds of wool ? this that I use is a very soft kind of wool almost a bit acrylic ..

and yes I have thought of making something from very little squares like clothes of a kind...:)
It's real sheep's wool I can't use and mohair (so any animal wool reallyb. Other yarns....acrylic, nylon, cotton are all fine...

S

Sable_Jan

I think the last time I made anything from squares I was also watching the moon landings on TV....
so about 40 years ago.....you're giving your age away ... but it does show it's an enduring craft....