Diabetic Craft Club

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Here's the hand made rug, or should I say dog bed!
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1493066581.055651.jpg

Reactions: Freema
S

Sable_Jan

5bb9156fd4bc47a85d079cada6555bc8.jpg
e4e4bc8f29c4c353ccb8036b2d8127d7.jpg
f4876f4abf893af9c724dfd794ff920b.jpg

Latest crafting yesterday. Turned 2 tops and sun dress into bags.
Brown one had tie side at bottom so cut it, sewed seam then stitched to pieces together and attached as shoulder strap. Sun dress has two pockets inside....outside would've looked better cos no easier to access with opening right at top. Just a fun use of items too small. May use myself or sell to raise funds.....

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Not sure if this belongs in this thread but here we go.
This is what I craft .... music.
Computer music with a hardware keyboard (MIDI controller) and lots of software.
I create and sculpt sound and then try to incorporate it into tunes.
The effects ... reverb echo distortion etc that I have goes into the hundreds.
Inside my pc I basically have a recording studio.
This is what I produce but it takes me a month now to do what I could do in a few days due to illness now.
Keeps me sane .... I think ...... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband/song/27895094-shake-it

Reactions: tinyfilosofer

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Not sure if this belongs in this thread but here we go.
This is what I craft .... music.
Computer music with a hardware keyboard (MIDI controller) and lots of software.
I create and sculpt sound and then try to incorporate it into tunes.
The effects ... reverb echo distortion etc that I have goes into the hundreds.
Inside my pc I basically have a recording studio.
This is what I produce but it takes me a month now to do what I could do in a few days due to illness now.
Keeps me sane .... I think ...... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband/song/27895094-shake-it

I think this is more an art that a craft! What sort of music do you produce? Sorry - link didn't work for me.

Reactions: JTL

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I think this is more an art that a craft! What sort of music do you produce? Sorry - link didn't work for me.
Rock blues trance dance chillout techno apparently hip hop but I didn't know it and all instrumental apart from one singing attempt for fun. With a voice like mine I shouldn't really sing. Sounds like I have barbed wire in my throat and large boulders.

Reactions: Sable_Jan
S

Sable_Jan

Very clever use of the tops! I would never have thought of that!
I'd been watching money for nothing and again bags were being made, this time from old sacks.
I was later sorting through my drawers of too small (mostly) but barely worn cos last few summers haven't been hot enough, tops. One fell open in my hand and I just had hold of the shoulders straps and brain said handles, bags....and that was it.
Been doing a lot of "research" on Etsy shops for other bag ideas...I know one lady on forum makes bags from recycled denims using waistbands as top of bags... and today found a lady in USA had done the same thing with vest tops.....so I know I'm not the only "wacky" person in the world now

Reactions: Rosiegough_