Diabetic Craft Club

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I joined a new local watercolour group in September. The guy who runs it is not a natural born teacher - more of a facilitator really. I've been painting on and off for years, so was not a complete beginner, but just doing it every week for a while has really helped me improve. I'm really pleased with my latest efforts. So much so that I've just framed the Venice one.View attachment 18772 View attachment 18773 View attachment 18774 View attachment 18775
They look good! I'm really impressed about cockerel, that is very vibrant. It would make brilliant wall prints or cards....;)...or maybe transfer added on crockery, on mug or jug...'just hinting'...;)

Reactions: 2 people

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Me as well. I really like the Venice picture. It really captures the spirit of the place.

@Finsky - I have no equipment at all these days. I did have a loom once upon a time. It was the rule at my school that everyone did a spread of 'O' levels including an art or craft subject, so I chose spinning and weaving. We were the only school covered by that exam board that offered the subject.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok I have just finally finished the crocheted blanket I was working on for my 3 yo niece.

Attachments

• Annika B3.jpg
    Annika B3.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 227
Reactions: 4 people

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Ok I have just finally finished the crocheted blanket I was working on for my 3 yo niece.
Oh I bet she was thrilled to get that on her 'princess' bed...girly colours but not too 'sweet'...I like that!

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh I bet she was thrilled to get that on her 'princess' bed...girly colours but not too 'sweet'...I like that!

I'm going to give it to her this weekend. I hope she likes it. I tried my best to get it so it matches the colours in her room already. She's into ballet and Frozen. lol.

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Oh, just the thread for me - I do all sorts of crafts, knitting, crochet, sewing, quilting, painting on rocks, beading etc etc etc ...

Attachments

• quilt1.jpg
    quilt1.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 233
Reactions: 5 people

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@magsiesss love the quilt! I used to do quilting but haven't made anything for some years.

Thank you - that was my first quilt and the first time I did free motion quilting on the sashing ...

LincolnLizzie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Trying to find the time to do some sewing etc, but this is a Christmas tree decoration I made for last year. Surprisingly easy and I loved doing it
e8c4b8a604b3eb24a654ff123d8f9beb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 6 people

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I love that LincolnLizzie .... what a wonderful idea to give as gifts too ... did it take you long? Are they 11/0 size beads (trying to get a gist of the size)

LincolnLizzie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes I think they were 11s. It is mainly couching so quick and easy - good thing as I'm not very expert, but it turned out well. Thank you for your kind comments

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
OK, I've cut out the quilt in one of my grandmother's patterns. Everything is in the shoebox. I have got the batting. I have got the cotton thread. All I need is to piece those babies into blocks.

You are my muse....

it might happen

Let it happen ... tomorrow night watch (or tape) the GB Sewing Bee ... let that inspire you too. I have so many projects on the go - I will try to take a pic tomorrow of a seaside quilt I am working on .... please post pics of your pattern, I would love to see it and I love the older type quilts ....

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I didn't realise it was tomorrow. I love the sewing bee but it brings out the worst in me because I have sewed all my life and I'm thinking 'that's sloppy' but I know perfectly well I spend longer thinking about it than doing so I could never meet the deadlines they are given

LincolnLizzie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I cut out a top 2 years ago and have never done any more. I would like to take it with me when we go to Northern Cyprus in a week - but my garden is also in desperate need of weeding - will I get it done and if I do, will I like it ......... Not very good at sewing as I haven't done any for about 25 years!!! I love the sewing bee too and couldn't even tackle what they call "basic" sewing.. Also not so keen on the new lady, what do others think?

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have to admit I preferred the last lady. I suspect that this one will expect more of them. Sewing tonight -we are going on holiday at the weekend so trousers to take up.

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
euuuughhhh ... I don't like that kind of sewing at all @AnniB

Just found out an ex colleague of mine is now expecting - so I shall be looking at making her some sort of horse (probably crochet) as I made her sister one when she was expecting ....
dobbin.jpg

Reactions: 7 people

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Neither do I but these things have to be done when you only have little legs!