Diabetic Craft Club

LaurenMoffitt

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I'm a Girlguiding leader and get up to all sorts. Commented so I don't loose the thread. Will be looking for inspiration!!

Reactions: 2 people

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I just finished doing this little bit of glass painting and lead work. Not a masterpiece but I'm happy with it..all I have to do is to get the door painted:rolleyes:
Wow it's spectacular

As you showed your beautiful creation I thought I'd share one of mine. This is an inspiration of Edwardian era.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 234
Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I just finished doing this little bit of glass painting and lead work. Not a masterpiece but I'm happy with it..all I have to do is to get the door painted:rolleyes:

Love it!!

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Found my Edwardian gown.... its only about 5inches tall or 120mm....Edwardian_1910 gown.jpg

P

paula.nolan42

My usual craft material is wool. This shawl I made as a pressie for my mother's 70'th birthday. It is made from just one source of wool...fleece from Jacob sheep. It's fleece is multi-coloured so I blended up all the different colours to get different shades for gradient yarn. Spun the wool and knitted the yarn.
This kind of projects tend to take lots of time to get done so I don't do them very many. I'm most content making smaller everyday items....socks, mittens, hats and I'm just in process making myself vest/gilet king of 'thingy' :)...though at this rate of progress I might get to wear it for next winter:rolleyes:

Gosh, but that's very impressive. I'm very jealous.

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Wow, that's lovely - how long did it take to stitch?
@YorkshireAli ..can't remember how long exactly it took to stitch ...it does look quite complex but not as bad as some that I have done or the tiger cross stitch that I am currently in the process of doing.....just remember that I did it a number of years ago and that it has been sitting in the bottom of a sewing bag waiting to be framed.....I had the frame for a number of years but had never got round to putting the two together until today.....

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I just rustled up this seat 'pad' to make my old stool look little happier'. Used peg loom to weave it and the yarn I've spun and dyed (purple one) myself.

Attachments

• rsz_100_3768resized.jpg
    rsz_100_3768resized.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 201

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What nice colours. How do you use a peg loom? I used to be able to spin and weave ( I have an 'O' level in it! Seriously!) but that was nearly 50 years ago.

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
What nice colours. How do you use a peg loom? I used to be able to spin and weave ( I have an 'O' level in it! Seriously!) but that was nearly 50 years ago.
O level!..50 years ago spinning and weaving was very much 'in'..good life and all that..but all that has come back and now it is ever growing interest again...oh how much different it is now! Have you still got your equipment? I've only been spinning about 20 yrs..and it is like different world for what it was when I started. Ooooh the fluff that one can buy..absolutely anything and everything..though I'm more into 'as it comes from the sheep'..occasionally I play with something more colourful too.
Peg looming, it is very simplified form of weaving...instead of going over and under the warp threads like you do when weaving 'the usual way'..you have pegs that are sticking up from wooden base..you just run the thread backwards and forwards on each peg and do opposite way on return row. Once those pegs are full you lift them up and push the weave down into warp that is threaded on each end of the peg....and so it carries on again.
Here you can see what I've tried to explain...http://www.hkab.co.uk/instructions1.html

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I joined a new local watercolour group in September. The guy who runs it is not a natural born teacher - more of a facilitator really. I've been painting on and off for years, so was not a complete beginner, but just doing it every week for a while has really helped me improve. I'm really pleased with my latest efforts. So much so that I've just framed the Venice one.IMG_3103.JPG IMG_3108.JPG IMG_3109.JPG IMG_3104.JPG

Reactions: 8 people