Diabetic Craft Club

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Basically, it has all been given away! I'm not into mending and refashioning if I can have a piece of nice new material and I was lucky enough to be able to get a really good discount. I decided that I would wear dresses for work this summer, instead of my 'uniform' of linen trousers and tops and given the weather it has turned out to be a good idea!

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Am actually enjoying wearing these - the novelty of something new! Next weekend I am going to WOMAD festival with a brilliant charity called festival spirit. We take disabled people to music festivals. I am chief cook and bottle washer. Last night I was making stripy aprons - it is amazing how greasy you can get when cooking bacon and eggs for 45- and tonight more curtains to divide the marquee into cubicles - it took me 22 hours to do the original ones a couple of years ago but this year we have more guests so need more cubicles - I have another 24 metres of fabric to cut up and hem.

S

Sable_Jan

Am actually enjoying wearing these - the novelty of something new! Next weekend I am going to WOMAD festival with a brilliant charity called festival spirit. We take disabled people to music festivals. I am chief cook and bottle washer. Last night I was making stripy aprons - it is amazing how greasy you can get when cooking bacon and eggs for 45- and tonight more curtains to divide the marquee into cubicles - it took me 22 hours to do the original ones a couple of years ago but this year we have more guests so need more cubicles - I have another 24 metres of fabric to cut up and hem.

Wow! That's one whole lot of sewing!! Well done you

hornplayer

f9e2b63b9312b032d3985972c7e6b440.jpg

Got bored lol, did some finger painting. So much easier sometimes than brushes!

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey all, I make Kandi bracelets and crochet (I want to learn knitting) and I was thinking of doing a project with crochet for children in the hospital being diagnosed with diabetes. To make their days brighter. And remind them that adults have it too, it's not a shameful thing, they're not alone, etc. anybody from the US interested in my project?

S

Sable_Jan

Hey all, I make Kandi bracelets and crochet (I want to learn knitting) and I was thinking of doing a project with crochet for children in the hospital being diagnosed with diabetes. To make their days brighter. And remind them that adults have it too, it's not a shameful thing, they're not alone, etc. anybody from the US interested in my project?
Sorry, I'm UK.