1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Yorkshire & The Humber Diabetic Meetup?

Discussion in 'Diabetes Events' started by EllsKBells, Jan 6, 2017.

1. EllsKBells

EllsKBells Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi all

@Charlotte2580 and I bumped into each other on another thread where diabetic meetups were being discussed, and we happened upon the problem that there isn't really anything up north! Anyway, we can't be the only two diabetics in the north east corner of England, so the question is are there any others who would be interested in meeting up with other diabetics to share experiences, and generally moan about life? Possibly in the Sheffield/Leeds area?

• Like Like x 2
  2. ewelina

ewelina Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Bumping your post. Hope you will manage to organise one up north :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ali12

Ali12 Type 2 · Newbie

I would also be interested in meeting up with other diabetics to share experiences. As I don't know anyone else who is type 2 and insulin resistance. Do let me know if you arrange a meeting in Leeds or Sheffield.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Liam1955

Liam1955 Type 2 · Master

If there is a meet up in Leeds? Let me know :).
    (There has been two meet ups in York this year and think ? there is another planned for next February/March)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook