Diabetic & Weight

allan101

Hi Friends,
You watch your carbs and the food you eat. Eat more healthy, and watch your portion control. I did this and lost 21 lbs. It was hard at first because i was used to eating whatever and whenever but now my body has adjusted. Good luck you can do it.

IanS

I have gone from 14 stone 2 pounds down to 12 stone 11 pounds in just 2 months.

My problem at the moment is in trying to halt the fall in weight as my wardrobe now doesn't fit any more. I am due to disappear entirely somewhere around next christmas. :lol:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I have gone from 19 1/2 stone in January 2009 to 14st 11lbs today, November 2009. Almost 5 stone. Just by using a reduced carbohydrate, low fat, low salt, low sugar and low GI/GL methods.

BMI gone from 38.1 (obese) to 28.9 (over weight). A little more to go, but so much more vitality, fitter, livelier. So much difference in such a short space of time.

Cosy

Oh why can I not do this............the more I try the more I eat etc. It is like a 'craving'. Congratulations to you all. This time of the year is even harder, due at hospital again on 13th January ....they will chase me.............

dragongirl

I'm in tears today - losing the weight battle. Gone from 10st 12 to 8st 7 since May although not diagnosed till July 1st. I wish now I had had more to lose. Today's just a "feel sorry for myself" one I guess. You lot are doing well because you're actually doing something that needs doing. I'm pleased for you despite my own sadness. Don't give up.
DG

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I lost about 40 pounds over 18 months and then stopped. It took a few days of the Atkins "Fat Fast" to get me losing again. I'm doing about 0.5 to 1 kg per week at the moment. I am VERY weight loss resisant. tiny "treats" will stop me losing.
Hana

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

Since diagnosis in the the first week of August, I have lost 14 kg (2st 2lb) by a balanced restricted carb, low fat diet and walking about 1 hour daily. Being six foot one and currently 13 st 9lb my BMI is an almost healthy weight 25.2.

I have not felt or for that matter looked better in a long time. Last week, out of curiosity, I tried on the suit I wore on my weeding day and it actually fit me! I got married 14 years ago!

Regards

Pavlos

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I used to run like the wind whenever anybody asked me to weigh myself but after having 2 children and clothes that hardly fitted me anymore I weighed myself. In March this year I weighed in at 12st 5lbs (I'm only 5ft 1inch) and joined Slimming World. This was the most fantastic thing I have ever done and I now weigh 10st 12lbs. Eating really healthily and not being hungry, and I'm even having 1 day off a week where I eat the odd luxury and still losing weight.

Being diabetic doesn't mean putting on weight from all the carbs, although I thought this for a long long time. I also have a thyroid problem and this hasn't stopped the weight coming off either.

Good luck!

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
on diagnosis i was 15st 2lb, very overweight for my 5ft 3 inches, ive now been 9st 10 for over a year and gone from a size 22 to 12, all due to low carb and walking :D