Diabetics R Us

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hear Lark Lane went all trendy at one point. Many a happy hour in Sefton Park and in the Aigburth Arms!
Yeah I’ve not been back for years but it’s pretty swanky now. I moved near Lark Lane back in the day to be near The Albert pub.

Reactions: Guzzler

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Basically type 1 and type 2 are two totally different diseases
Yes they are. With a big fat overlap in symptoms, impact on daily life and often treatment. Therefore we can work together. The people on this particular thread like it that way :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Sorry, I was on about Craig Charles. Can't make the connection to Rob or Ross.
It was from the Red Dwarf episode where Lister was found under the pool table in the Aigburth Arms in a box with “Ouroboros” written on it. But he didn’t know what that was, so assumed it was possible names. I’m afraid I’m a total Dwarf nerd...

Reactions: heh and mountaintom

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It was from the Red Dwarf episode where Lister was found under the pool table in the Aigburth Arms in a box with “Ouroboros” written on it. But he didn’t know what that was, so assumed it was possible names. I’m afraid I’m a total Dwarf nerd...

I'm a fan but have to admit that Danny Jon Jules was utterly spectacular as the cat so was my favourite character.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I'm a fan but have to admit that Danny Jon Jules was utterly spectacular as the cat so was my favourite character.
I adore Cat! This is mine, this is mine, all this is mine. Except for that bit. I don’t want that bit. He’s my cat’s role model.

Embarrassingly, when we feed our cats, we always announce “today’s fish is (insert flavour here). Enjoy your meal”. Every. Single. Time.

Think we need to get out more.

Reactions: mountaintom

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I adore Cat! This is mine, this is mine, all this is mine. Except for that bit. I don’t want that bit. He’s my cat’s role model.

Embarrassingly, when we feed our cats, we always announce “today’s fish is (insert flavour here). Enjoy your meal”. Every. Single. Time.

Think we need to get out more.

What was the name of his alter ego? Dwayne something? So, so funny.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Erm... I think we may have just got a Scouse thread almost by default. Sorry non Scousers, as you were.

Reactions: karen8967

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
All I am thinking is
Have we discovered a possible cause for diabetes - living in a Liverpool postcode?
That and, oh yeah, Sefton hospital, I remember the cockroaches.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Goodmorning everyone its lashing down here but still very warm hope everyone has a great weekend whatever you may be doing