Diabetics R Us

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Many a morning after the night before after the night before after the night before spent in The Albert. Some characters in there.
still are tom probably the same ones :hilarious::hilarious:love the atmosphere in pubs like that rather than these wine bars and such :joyful:

Reactions: mountaintom

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all

I grew up in Bootle so haven't a clue about the pubs you've mentioned.
Alan grew up in Walton.

Weather is good here today, Sarah (daughter) and I have been to a market in the old railway station at Dover Harbour (now the cruise terminal), fabulous old building.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I think all exhausted by the chat. Ha ha

I'm very pleased with this chat thread. All relaxed chatter and friendly like an old one used to be.

Little one had a nap this afternoon so here we are in the bunk-bed den, on our gadgets. He's relaxing and about to drop off, hopefully a night long worth of sleep tonight. No night terror. I still cannot figure him out.. fully. He sways from very very babylike to more in keeping with his 5¹/² yrs. He's not consistent in his manner or behaviour. Yet school tell me he's been brilliant, even on school trip. Are you sure? Our last farm trip was a horrendous embarrasment. Well half way through so we returned home early. Hoping to return soon to finish the experience.
Kids eh?
Father's day tomorrow. Boys have hidden his presents. Unfortunately one was eaten by 5yr old when I was out so the hiding place won't be used again!

Reactions: heh

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Happy Fathers Day to fathers out there. I'm awaiting for Mr ickihun to awake to send boys and present in.
Have a great day, everyone!

Reactions: heh

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hate the feeling that the separate threads have been created. Isn't the whole idea to be supportive and friendly towards everyone? Do we really need separate threads for T1 and T2? This has really saddened me. So I've created this thread.

"A place for us diabetics to have a chat, post blood glucose numbers if you want to, have some fun and banter and a even have a little whinge."
I so agree this group has become far to dreary and intense crowded with sub forums that are not needed.. over 20 I think and so confusing for newbies. Lets have a group where we can be normal and chat about life in general but able to ask questions if we want to. Make the group a more inviting and pleasant place to be for diabetics to enjoy

Reactions: heh and karen8967

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think this thread will be a success and I think the first one people will look at when they log on. It should become the main one for all diabetics whatever type they have it is far more relaxed and friendly which is what a group should be. No need for all the other sub forums just another one maybe for diet and only for diet advice we can ask anything else we want to on here or just read the messages and enjoy the chat

Reactions: Cumberland

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought the idea of this thread was for all diabetics types I think that was the aim of the OP who started it because she didn't like the idea of different types being divided by the type of diabete they have but that we should have this thread for everyone who has diabetes regardless of type Now it seems there is another thread practically the same as this but for T1's so we are still divided

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I thought the idea of this thread was for all diabetics types I think that was the aim of the OP who started it because she didn't like the idea of different types being divided by the type of diabete they have but that we should have this thread for everyone who has diabetes regardless of type Now it seems there is another thread practically the same as this but for T1's so we are still divided
I think the type1 one was created first as I've seen some type1s just wanting advice from type1s. Which is more useful to them. Also they feel a type2s life is far different and for some a choice. Especially when everywhere is stating a diet can get rid of type2. Humf!
See what we have to contend with..... even from fellow sufferers. The press will have type2s as selfish and none vomiting bulimics.
Oh the joys of discrimination!!!!

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon all. I hope you are having a relaxing Sunday. Alan & I have been for a walk today along the Front at Dover, he is walking ok but still has a little discomfort where the injections were done.

We went to see some friends last night had lots of lovely cheese, meats & pate and we managed to get through 7 bottles of wine between 6 of us :eek:. No hangover though :happy:. It was a very late night so quite tired today.