JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I think the type1 one was created first as I've seen some type1s just wanting advice from type1s. Which is more useful to them. Also they feel a type2s life is far different and for some a choice. Especially when everywhere is stating a diet can get rid of type2. Humf!
See what we have to contend with..... even from fellow sufferers. The press will have type2s as selfish and none vomiting bulimics.
Oh the joys of discrimination!!!!
It's that peculiar visual impairment that so many people seem to suffer from now you know the one where they look down their noses a lot.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
and there is another thread along the same lines just for T2s. ( T2s R us)
But why so many the originator of this thread was being a bit optimistic then when she thought we could have one thread for all that we could all chat about anything and everything no matter what type of diabetes we have There are still the T1 and T2 sub forums for the more serious stuff

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think this thread is great lots of good banter and day to day chit chat its not about type 1 or type 2 and yes there are sub forums for either type but this thread is for everyone regardless of type and i certainly wouldnt describe it as discriminating

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think the type1 one was created first as I've seen some type1s just wanting advice from type1s. Which is more useful to them. Also they feel a type2s life is far different and for some a choice. Especially when everywhere is stating a diet can get rid of type2. Humf!
See what we have to contend with..... even from fellow sufferers. The press will have type2s as selfish and none vomiting bulimics.
Oh the joys of discrimination!!!!
I dont feel like that i think regardless of type we all manage our conditions as best we can and i certainly dont think type 2 is a choice im a type 1 and certainly wouldnt say that

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
But why so many the originator of this thread was being a bit optimistic then when she thought we could have one thread for all that we could all chat about anything and everything no matter what type of diabetes we have There are still the T1 and T2 sub forums for the more serious stuff
Hi,
I'm the OP. The T1 thread was started first, quickly followed by the T2. I didn't like the division so I started this for ALL types whether known or unknown. If people want to chat great, if they want to ask for advice then that's fine too. However, there may be better places to ask for advice. What I don't want on here is any sniping at 'other types' or 'banter' aimed at other types. That makes me sad, and I'm sure no-one want to make me sad do they?????

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi All,
I've been away all weekend and I've missed you. I have been out on an archery range all weekend and have managed to walk in excess of 4 miles per day! The weather was breezy at times, but dry. I've had a great weekend - hope you all have too.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi all, please all take some time to read the forum rules and take note that any posts which raise the issue of 'them and us' can be removed and further action taken as per rule C12 -
  • Setting up an ‘us against them’ mentality. This is not acceptable and any such behaviour could be considered worth of a suspension or ban.

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, please all take some time to read the forum rules and take note that any posts which raise the issue of 'them and us' can be removed and further action taken as per rule C12 -
  • Setting up an ‘us against them’ mentality. This is not acceptable and any such behaviour could be considered worth of a suspension or ban.
Hi @Juicyj could you please PM me and explain what the issue is? Have I done/said something wrong?

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I'm the OP. The T1 thread was started first, quickly followed by the T2. I didn't like the division so I started this for ALL types whether known or unknown. If people want to chat great, if they want to ask for advice then that's fine too. However, there may be better places to ask for advice. What I don't want on here is any sniping at 'other types' or 'banter' aimed at other types. That makes me sad, and I'm sure no-one want to make me sad do they?????
We certainly dont

Reactions: pcs63

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Here here

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
We certainly dont
emoji4.png
HI, I don't think we've chatted before but nice to meet you!

Reactions: karen8967

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
QUOTE="karen8967, post: 1814301, member: 402436"]That alrite then laa ye know wat i mean kidda [/QUOTE]

We're all gaspin 'forra bevvy, queen. Al see yer in The Legs O' Man about half ten, awright?

Reactions: heh and Cumberland