Diabetics R Us

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my Lord. Just had a text and a photo from daughter. A while ago they booked a short break in Liverpool and are now stuck among a million Liverpool fans and an open top bus. They had no idea what chaos they would encounter. They may get home by Tuesday :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Oh my Lord. Just had a text and a photo from daughter. A while ago they booked a short break in Liverpool and are now stuck among a million Liverpool fans and an open top bus. They had no idea what chaos they would encounter. They may get home by Tuesday :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
YNWA!

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

It's a bit grey here this morning.

We had a lovely couple of days at Bodiam, it was very hot on Saturday.

Have a good day.

H :)

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You'll Never Walk Alone. Not in that crowd anyway!
My youngest was there, he arrived home late last night absolutely buzzing and he brought me a SIX scarf (it is the sixth time LFC has lifted the Champions Cup). He was also singing the latest hit as sung by Klopp, 'Let's Talk about SIX Baby'. Havn't seen him this happy since he got into uni.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You'll Never Walk Alone. Not in that crowd anyway!
My youngest was there, he arrived home late last night absolutely buzzing and he brought me a SIX scarf (it is the sixth time LFC has lifted the Champions Cup). He was also singing the latest hit as sung by Klopp, 'Let's Talk about SIX Baby'. Havn't seen him this happy since he got into uni.

I think my daughter and her hubby were enjoying the buzz, despite not being Liverpool fans, and it was unexpected as they had no idea it was happening. They just got caught up in it all.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I think my daughter and her hubby were enjoying the buzz, despite not being Liverpool fans, and it was unexpected as they had no idea it was happening. They just got caught up in it all.
Easily done when there was a reported three quarters of a million people on the streets to welcome the team home. And no trouble, apparently.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fed up of reading about Saturday being the hottest day of the year and people basking in sunshine. It did nowt but rain here. Very over cast, similarly on Sunday.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fed up of reading about Saturday being the hottest day of the year and people basking in sunshine. It did nowt but rain here. Very over cast, similarly on Sunday.
Aye, it was warm here but it was leaden skies and a bit windy. Not much better today, a little brighter. I am missing my red Peony which is in full flower and I can't see the white ones from the window. Can't get out yet as the lawn is still too wet for the chair so I have not had a single day in the garden yet. Humph!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
And...and... still to get a look at the Magnolia that my son put in last year when it was nowt more than a twig. Double Humph.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lancashire is like that !!!
Carol

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I like halloumi cheese 'chips, rolled in ground almonds then fried. - but I make a terrible mess when making it!

Cauliflower rice - definitely the oven method - nuking it to reheat is OK though. Don't use any leaves or the thick part of the stem as that makes it bitter - I save the stem and have it boiled with cheese on top.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I like halloumi cheese 'chips, rolled in ground almonds then fried. - but I make a terrible mess when making it!
Would that be 'cut slices of halloumi, roll in ground almonds, fry in a little butter or oil in a frying pan.'? Or roll in egg first to make the almonds stick?