1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetics R Us

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by archersuz, Jun 11, 2018.

1. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Happy Anniversary to you and Mr @heh . I think achieving 33 years together is a celebration in itself!

Enjoy your day. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. carty

carty Type 2 · Well-Known Member

55 years for us .Where have all the years gone
    Carol

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

My youngest grand child is 21 tomorrow. Her brother is 24. It only seems like yesterday that their mother was born, never mind her children. It will be 43 years for us this summer, and this is a second marriage for me. Time has just disappeared.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

5. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

I still miss Kenny Everett. Good fun and all in the best Pahhsible taste!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. JohnEGreen

He is still with us on you tube.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Aye. Cleo too. Thank goodness.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bluetit1802

Today has been very odd.

It is my grandaughter Millie's 21st birthday. That is odd in itself because it was only yesterday that her mother was born. In my mind anyway! Daughter had an open house for her today. There were a lot of 20 somethings. A lot of 50 somethings. And hubby and me. Ness was banned and had to be left home alone. Very unusual. Odder still was that Millie has been seeing this young man since the beginning of the year. They are "seeing each other" in line with the mode of these 20 somethings. They are not girl and boyfriend. That may come later but will be a formal announcement. We are not allowed to call him her boyfriend. Apparently this is what happens these days. All alien to me. They met on-line, which horrified us when she first told us. He works and is living in Leeds so it is the first time he has met any of her family and most of her friends. I thought he would be a fish out of water, but not so. Very grown up and confident, talking to everyone as though he had known them years. Very charming. He admired my outfit despite the fact I was casually dressed for winter and every other female was wearing dressed up stuff. He may have been being sarcastic but came over as totally charming. I can see why she likes him. I liked him. I even drank a glass of Prosecco. Hubby had a bottle of beer and knocked it over. It was us that were fish out of water. It did take me back to my 21st party and made me feel sad. Still, home now with a cup of tea.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  9. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Did you know?

Alcohol was developed roughly about the same time as bread. Wonder when the cheeky kebab was invented?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Haha, and here you are sharing a lot of your life on-line every day :p
    I can well imagine people 'meeting' eachother on this forum and wanting to hang out in real life as well. Horrifying thought! :hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Bluetit1802

One of my best friends (female) is someone I met on line, on another forum. We have been best friends for 7 years now and meet up when we can. We just live a long way apart but chat most evenings on Skype for an hour. I also have another female friend I met through family history on a sort of forum and we also meet up whenever we can.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. carty

carty Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Can you really tell what someone is like from what they put on a forum etc .I think I take body language into account when I meet someone ,But then I am an old granny !
    Carol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Of course you can't. Which makes @Bluetit1802 's granddaughter and her not-boyfriend very sensible people to see how they like eachother in real life before making commitments or even viewing it as a relationship!

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. JohnEGreen

My daughter met her last bloke on line he turned out to be an absolute nightmare though had seemed quite plausible and fairly decent at first..

Though grandson sussed him right away.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

I did that with my niece's ex. But oh, no, my parents welcomed him into the family and into their house -- and he robbed them.

I did make one good friend whom I met online who turned out to be an OK friend in real life. Didn't last, but OK while it did. Certainly not a nutcase.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Second person I befriended on facebook who I didn't know in real life somehow got me to accept a 'temporary' foster dog withing a week of befriending her. I still have hopes we find a home for the dog, though. The woman turned out to be a very nice person too :)
    Anyone interested in a very friendly but rather big black and white dog?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mike d

Mike d Type 2 · Expert

To think a glance across a room once sufficed.

"When you know what you know, you can't deny it, or go back, or give up, or pretend that you don't buy it".

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

LOL. We did South Pacific in 8th grade. I don't remember who sang that song but it didn't work in real life for a lot of people. If you didn't wear your glasses you couldn't see across the room; if you did wear them all you could see was that no one was glancing your way!

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. heh

heh Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning all

What a horrible weather day it was yesterday, seems a little calmer this morning.

I went to a baby shower yesterday, my DD's friend is expecting in July. There were lots of presents and she won't need to buy many clothes.

Our young Tom at work met his current lady on a dating website, seems to be going well for him. Seems to be the thing to do these days, maybe I should get DD to give it a go :hilarious:

We will be going for a walk later, after visiting the French market that's in Sandwich this weekend.

Have a good day.

H :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. JohnEGreen

Twas at a NAAFI disco Judith was on the dance floor the guy she was dancing with looked to me like a bit of a wirdo Judith was definitely regretting her decision to dance with this guy so I wandered over and politely told the guy to get lost. 45 years on and we are still dancing.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook