Diabetics R Us

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

It's grey outside this morning, looks like our mini heatwave is over - Sorry to mention the heatwave :sorry:.

DD Sarah had to do an emergency dash to DS James & Ashleigh's after tea last night to take in their shopping delivery, as they were at the hospital because Ashleigh's dad was rushed to hospital yesterday after collapsing at home. He's in his 80s and not in great health, apparently he has a nasty chest infection so they kept him in. Sarah also fed the cat then discovered he'd been fed via the wireless feeding machine thingy they have so at least the cat was happy.

Have a good day.

H :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Builders at the house opposite making a racket with noisy machinery. Now I know how the neighbours felt when we had our builders in.

Sorry to hear about your family's emergency @heh . I hope the old man recovers quickly.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
About 100 yards from us is a local garage not a fuel station but maintenance so we live with the sound of hammering pneumatic tools constant revving of engines and raised voices every day except Sunday and Saturday afternoons.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
About 100 yards from us is a local garage not a fuel station but maintenance so we live with the sound of hammering pneumatic tools constant revving of engines and raised voices every day except Sunday and Saturday afternoons.

Have they ever been investigated by Environmental Health? There is a limit to the amount of noise they are allowed to make.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Have they ever been investigated by Environmental Health? There is a limit to the amount of noise they are allowed to make.
No I don't think they have but am unsure may inquire with council.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Always worth a try. Mr Blue and I became experts in noise control regulations when we had our dog boarding kennels and a particularly vicious neighbour. There are guidelines for decibels when there are residential properties close by. The Local Authority regulate them (Environmental Health)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

What about zoning? Businesses set up in a residential neighborhood?

In my previous apartment building my windows overlooked the dumpsters and the delivery entrance so I not only had the banging and crashing of the dumpsters 3 days a week, I also had the noise and the fumes from the mostly diesel heavy trucks, and the maintenance crew's cigarette smoke ...

When I was getting ready to move here I prayed that my apartment would be out of hearing of the dumpster and delivery entrance, and it is. Now I just get the occasional ambulance/fire engine siren (which I grew up hearing so no problems) and the neighbors' noisy grandchildren when they come for a too-lengthy stay.

@heh I was glad to find that our heat wave had ended when I walked out to lunch earlier -- it was pleasantly cool, low humidity, refreshing breeze, and a wonderful 22 degrees.

I hope Ashleigh's dad is doing much better now. Glad the cat got fed! ^. .^ :D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am watching Woodstock, The Director's Cut. I can't believe it's been 50 years since that summer that ended the '60s in more ways than one.

But hey. Right now I'm watching the Who.

Reactions: Antje77 and heh

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

I hope Ashleigh's dad is doing much better now. Glad the cat got fed! ^. .^ :D
I hear that he's being grumpy with everyone so Ashleigh said he's improving, he's still in hospital though (her dad that is, not the cat :hilarious:).

Grey & miserable out there this morning, and cooler.

Have a good day.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

Lovely sunny day here. Just watching the D-Day anniversary on the BBC, emotional. Alan saw the fly-past yesterday by accident as he drove home from Horsham.

Have a good day.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Trying my best to go one day without heat packs. Been up since 7.30am havn't given in yet but it is not looking good atm. Still, nine hours is great for me. N.B no extra pain killers. Fingers crossed to get to 6pm at least.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

It's our 33rd wedding anniversary today :D. No celebration though, we don't bother :hilarious:

Have a good day.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
33rd wedding aniversary.jpg