Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Ooo i cant wait cumbs this time next week i will be watching my eldest son getting married im more excited than him haha he keeps telling me to calm down

I cried buckets at my eldest's wedding. Take note, cotton hankies are more absorbant and look far nicer than toilet tissue! Best wishes to the couple, hope everyone has a smashingly memorable day.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Antje77 How come your pizza landed the right way up? Everything that I drop lands butter side down !!
Carol

Reactions: Antje77

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
So where do the Pre-Diabetics fit in : (

Reactions: Antje77

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Right here, lass! Pull up a chair and it is good to see you. @derry60

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had a Libre sensor on for a week and am seriously considering ripping it off. I haven't had one as wildly high as this, and it is upsetting me. I keep cross checking it with my meter - anywhere between 0.5mmol/l and 2.5mmol/l higher, mostly around 1.5 to 2mmol/l. Problem is it is so erratic I can't even guesstimate or calculate some sort of average amount higher. I'm doing so much cross checking I may as well stick to my meter and abandon the sensor. Am considering informing Abbott, hoping for a replacement.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I cried buckets at my eldest's wedding. Take note, cotton hankies are more absorbant and look far nicer than toilet tissue! Best wishes to the couple, hope everyone has a smashingly memorable day.
thankyou guzzler :)

Reactions: pcs63

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 How come your pizza landed the right way up? Everything that I drop lands butter side down !!
Carol
Because it landed first on my bare leg with the hot cheese side down and went further down from there. Luckily I had taken the time to take my bg, inject and search for the pizza-cutter, so it hurt only a little :)
Now I think of it, I burn my mouth a lot less often now I have diabetes and having to do all those things before taking a bite. Must be one of those unexpected benefits of diabetes :p

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had a Libre sensor on for a week and am seriously considering ripping it off. I haven't had one as wildly high as this, and it is upsetting me. I keep cross checking it with my meter - anywhere between 0.5mmol/l and 2.5mmol/l higher, mostly around 1.5 to 2mmol/l. Problem is it is so erratic I can't even guesstimate or calculate some sort of average amount higher. I'm doing so much cross checking I may as well stick to my meter and abandon the sensor. Am considering informing Abbott, hoping for a replacement.

Bluetit - You do need to let Abbott know about the erratic nature of this sensor. A steady variance is one thing. It totally doing its own thing is another.

Reactions: Cumberland