Diabetics R Us

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went shopping early so that I could put washing out later We had visitors so have a pile of bedding John was going to saw some more wood and now it is absolutely pouring down
Carol

Reactions: Cumberland

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just been for a long walk with my son and luckily got home before the rain started! It's very windy but so warm. It's probably bed time but I slept for 2 hours this afternoon as I had a headache all day, so now I'm not really tired.

Reactions: heh and Cumberland

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

What a wild night, I had to get up at 2.50am to close the window but then the noise of the wind kept me awake for ages.
We are off up to Liverpool this afternoon to see Alan's mum & dad for the weekend, his dad has been really ill with cancer but is now hopefully recovering. Not looking forward to the journey.

Have a good day.

H :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
3rd day with no one to please but my self and I am not an easy person to please.

Since I was diagnosed with MG I have been told by doctor after doctor that a person with MG is best not left to their own devises but this week there has been no help for it. But so far seem to be surviving it just hope MG has no nasty surprises for me.

Diabetes is behaving reasonably well for the last few days despite having to increase my dosage of preds.

Not too windy or wet here but a little bit chill today.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hello to you all

Well the sore throat has turned into runny nose and sneezes grrr grrr
Not wanting this to happen

But life goes on

Reactions: karen8967

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Mrs Molly that’s very kind of you

Do you want to swap places?
Hmmm....now let me think about that @Cumberland .....swapping a sun bed on a sandy beach in temperatures of 35 degrees looking out over the ocean and a warm breeze for whatever you have.....what do you think.....:rolleyes:.....not sure @Clivethedrive would agree to the swap either .....:wideyed:.....

Reactions: karen8967

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hmmm....now let me think about that @Cumberland .....swapping a sun bed on a sandy beach in temperatures of 35 degrees looking out over the ocean and a warm breeze for whatever you have.....what do you think.....:rolleyes:.....not sure @Clivethedrive would agree to the swap either .....:wideyed:.....

Mrs Molly you could have the fresh northern breeze blowing through your hair keeping you nice and cool

Swap the sun bed for a comfy plump sofa where you can stretch out and slob

Nah don’t think I’m selling it to you am I

You and Mr Clive have a lovely time

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is me every night
FB_IMG_1537554323342.jpg

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I'm going to pick up my new kitten tommorow morning at 11. Had a bit of a false start yesterday. My neighbour brought me this beautiful black kitten. Within half an hour it was clear that the poor thing had never been inside a house, had never been petted by humans and had had to fight for it's food.
I made the wise but very painful decision to tell my neighbour this had been a mistake and could they please take it back to the barn where they got it. I hope it will have a lovely life as a barn cat, catching mice and rats.

That left me without a kitten last night, and my friends had been putting up with my blathering about kittens all week, so one of them took quick action and found a kitten on facebook. Not sure if more to help me out or to get rid of my blather, but this time it will be a kitten that's used to dogs and being carried about the house by toddlers :) .

Getting the wild barn-kitten back in it's transport box was pretty exciting, painful and bloody. Today I've needed about 1.5 times the amount of insulin than I would expect. Do you reckon a small but inflamed scratch on my finger could be enough to do that to my bg? Or mere coincidence and diabetes being an *ss?
Anyway, I don't care because I get to pick up my new kitten tomorrow!

This is the photograph on facebook, looks pretty relaxed to me :)
41851311_10156866378894994_3839061894828654592_n.jpg
Hi @Antje77, What a cute picture! Please be aware and watchful as cat scratches can cause some pretty nasty infections!!

Reactions: Cumberland