Not open for further replies.

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
Aurlito said:
Seriously, why jeopardize health of an innocent child? my parents weren't diabetic per se, and nobody had T1 diabetes in our family, but still I got diabetes at age of 16. I enjoyed chocolates, ice creams and cotton candies as a child, but I pity those who were exposed as a child, specially by maternal or paternal straight faulty genes, and I think that diabetics shouldn't be allowed to get married because of this.

Sorry moderators, I'm usually positive about this forum, but the double standards here is making me MAD. :evil:

Why on earth do you allow someone to make an idiotic post like this on here and you DONT remove it; yet when myself and others add weblinks for no financial gain and only to help the rest of the forum community you either de activate the links or worse still, remove them completely??? :?

Double standards.

Sorry if this sounds negative, but I feel it had to be said...

A

Anonymous

Ardbeg.

Criticism of Moderators and Forum Monitors is no longer tolerated on this forum.

If you have a problem with something the rules here are that you contact a Forum Monitor by using the pm system and if not satisfied with the answer then the Administrator. The problem will be addressed in all circumstances.

You recently had a link to your own business removed from a post, clear advertising which is not allowed on this Forum. Links which are deactivated are done so in accordance with Forum Rules.

I suggest you read them as it appears you are not fully conversant with them.

There are no double standards here, just the Forum Rules, Ethos and Policies which we use when we have to. We use our discretion, as in this case, because we know more about what is happening than the members, including you.

The OP is a young person who is from Iran. A different Country, a different culture. We knew that but it is not common knowledge because he hasn't posted that. His choice. He might not be happy that we have posted this, however your post has made us reveal that information.

As regards idiotic posts, to be honest there are many made by some established members too. They are all allowed here at times. It is a matter for us to decide to allow a post or not. This is the soapbox area and people are allowed odd ideas and rant's here.

The members have made their feelings perfectly clear to this young man. Youth sometimes does not think in the way we expect them, that does not make them idiotic. Tolerance is something we should all practice.

Mod 3.

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
MODERATOR3 said:
The OP is a young person who is from Iran. A different Country, a different culture.
Mod 3. [/b]

Yes and Hitler was from Germany and we all know what he did and what happened to him....

A

Anonymous

Ardbeg.

This is not up for discussion, I have made myself clear in the previous post.

Everybody has stated their opinion on this matter. Maybe the OP will learn something from this.

Mod 3.

Dippy3103

I found out I was diabetic three years after I had my son. So a bit late to stop me passing on my clearly sub standard genetics. My Gran was diabetic but not untill she was well into her 70's, so a bit late to slam that particular barn door too!
Hoping to have another child in the next year or so...... Does that make me irresponsible???
O/p you havn't offended me, just left me amazed that anyone can have such an opinion.
Do you live under a bridge??

Aurlito

@MODERATOR3: Thanks for toleration.

Do you live under a bridge??
I'm just not optimistic. if we gamble on something like money and we lose, well it's nothing important, but if we gamble on a child's limbs, organs and eyesight, we're nothing but jerks. now that I think clearly, I see that my grandmother was diagnosed with T2 after I was born and my parents weren't diabetic, so I immaculate them, but I'm diagnosed at age of 16 and by any chance if I knocked up a girl at age of 15, I'm not dispersed from abstaining myself from not having a kid and putting his/her life at risk. we all know how degrading having diabetes is. (at least for me, it's degrading and painful).

A

Anonymous

Aurlito,
I apologise for my previous post. I was not aware that you were from a different country with a different culture and medical system and also a younger person. I thought you were in the UK.
Can you tell us something about the medical care given to diabetics in your country as it does not sound as if you are having a good quality of care as we do here.
Perhaps members can then make suggestions to help you cope better with your diabetes.

Janieb

Dislikes
People who think that all diabetics are lazy - think some education is in order :0)
I take it this is a wind up.

Aurlito

silver fox said:
Aurlito,
I apologise for my previous post. I was not aware that you were from a different country with a different culture and medical system and also a younger person. I thought you were in the UK.
Can you tell us something about the medical care given to diabetics in your country as it does not sound as if you are having a good quality of care as we do here.
Perhaps members can then make suggestions to help you cope better with your diabetes.
36 units of insulin aspart (regular insulin+crystal insulin, like glargine in US and Novomix in Denmark, I don't know what kind of insulins do you have in UK) in the morning and 16 units of regular insulin at nights. inject them with syringe, pens are way expensive.

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
Janieb said:
I take it this is a wind up.

You couldn't make it up, could you? :roll:

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
General Question

Can somebody please enlighten me as to what Crystal Insulin is? To a T2 such as me, that comes across as some kind of powder mixed with a solvent before injection ...which is something I have not read about before.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I think this is it Hobs, but I'm sure a type 1 can enlighten us if I am wrong.

NPH insulin; also known as Humulin N, Novolin N,Novolin NPH, NPH Lletin II, and isophane insulin, marketed by Eli Lilly and Company under the name Humulin N, is an intermediate-acting insulin given to help control the blood sugar level of those with diabetes. NPH stands for Neutral Protamine Hagedorn and was created in 1936 when Nordisk formulated "isophane" porcine insulin by adding Neutral Protamine to regular insulin. It was dubbed Neutral Protamine Hagedorn or NPH.

This is a suspension of crystalline zinc insulin combined with the positively charged polypeptide, protamine. When injected subcutaneously, it has an intermediate duration of action, meaning longer than that of regular insulin, and shorter than ultralente, glargine or detemir.

(Source Wikipedia).

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Ah .. another way of describing 'squeezed pig' derivative, lol ...thanks Sue

Just as an after thought .. I wonder how porcine insulins go with certain religions? I mean pig is pig no matter how it is served up.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
This is the information which would be applicable to a Muslim.

If the medicine is made from animal products, it may be one of three types:

1. If it comes from an animal whose meat may be eaten and it has been slaughtered correctly
(in Islamic way), then it is permissible to use it as medicine.

2. If it comes from an animal whose meat may be eaten but it has not been slaughtered correctly, then it is not permissible to use it for medicine, because it is haram. This is in accordance to the abovementioned Hadith.

3. If it comes from an animal whose meat cannot be eaten, then it is not permissible to use it as
medicine, for the reasons stated above. This includes pork.

As there are many other religions with their own particular beliefs it is impossible to list them all, but, yes....this must cause some Muslim's who are also Diabetic difficulty. We do have one or two members who are Muslim but I haven't noticed any posting recently.

Ken

C

catherinecherub

Hi Aurlito,
I am sad to hear that you feel degraded and that diabetes is painful for you. Perhaps you could elaborate as to why you feel like this. This is a forum where we all try and support each other and we need to know so that we can try and help you.
Do you have support for your diabetes in your country from Endocrinologists and Health Care Professionals or do you have to rely on a local Doctor? Sometimes we need to vent our feelings and tell the professionals what is troubling us. We have a saying that a trouble shared is a trouble halved.
You are a young man with your whole life ahead of you and if you can come to terms with your diagnosis and understand that you can still live life to the full it may help you.

Take care,

Catherine.

Dippy3103

But if neither of your parents are diabetic does it not suggest that your idea would not work?
I asked my GP recently the risk of my son developing diabetes and she said t1 didn't tend to run in families. His chance of t2 is slightly higher.

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
cugila said:
....this must cause some Muslim's who are also Diabetic difficulty.
Not really, they could just use one of the many other types of insulin surely?

I've no idea what crystal insulin is, unless he means one of the clear insulins (I think some are cloudy?), or what cugila said.

Insulin aspart (brand name here is NovoRapid) is an insulin analogue, not a mixture of insulins.

Insulin glargine is Lantus.

I would have thought you'd only get pre-made mixtures of aspart/detemir (both made by Novo Nordisk) or glulisine/glargine (both made by Sanofi-Aventis) as they are under patent, I wouldn't have thought you get a mixture of one from one company and one from the other.

Does this sound like the one you are on Aurlito? (From wikipedia): 'Novolog mix is a 70% insulin aspart protamine suspension and 30% insulin aspart for injection.'

Although if you are on that I wouldn't have thought you'd be taking one at night too? Certainly not regular insulin (countless brand names, Novolin R, humulin etc etc), as that is a fast acting insulin to be taken with meals, 16 units without food wouldn't be pretty.

It is very confusing, the brand names seems to be different in every country!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
HLW said:
cugila said:
....this must cause some Muslim's who are also Diabetic difficulty.
Not really, they could just use one of the many other types of insulin surely?

I've no idea what crystal insulin is, unless he means one of the clear insulins (I think some are cloudy?), or what cugila said.

Sue posted what we THINK it is a few posts back.

What I meant in that sentence you quoted was that if you are a Muslim and that is the only type of Insulin available.....then it would definitely create great difficulty as it would be against their religion. If you check out Muslim websites and the Fatwah's issued by Mullah's, there is definitely a problem if they wish to comply with their strict laws.

Not every country or area has the same drugs as here in the UK, we are pampered really. The drug may be available in big Cities.....but maybe not available out in country areas. I am hoping somebody with more knowledge of Insulin's can tell us just what exactly it is that Aurlito is taking.
I think some here are assuming he is a Muslim.....I frankly have no idea and I am sure he can answer for himself, if he wishes.

Ken

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
cugila said:
Sue posted what we THINK it is a few posts back.
Sorry I'd misread who posted what posts - I meant to refer to what Sue had posted!

Re: pigs, as Aurlito mentions insulin aspart and insulin glargine, insulin analogues are available where he/she is.

Suicide is not allowed in Islam, that's a 'higher' rule than the dietary ones, so if pig insulin was the only one available it would be permissible to use it, as the alternative is choosing to die. I imagine different branches of Islam differ though.
From wikipedia:
'The Quran 16:115
He has only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and any (food) over which the name of other than Allah has been invoked. But if one is forced by necessity, without willful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

The Quran 2:173
He hath only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of Allah. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then is he guiltless. For Allah is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful.'

Assuming that's an accurate translation, I have read a lot of criticism about english translations of the Qur'an (and about wikipedia!).

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Erm.......I'll take your word for it. I'm a Diabetic, not an Islamic Scholar. :D

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.