Diabetics who are outside the norm

TheShark

Hi I am new to this my name is TheShark. I have recently being diagnosed as a diabetic. Two different types of tablets have been tried with me to no avail. Instead of blood sugar levels coming down they have increased from around 10.7 to 22.7 some days 26.7. Yes I have changed the way to plain honest food. Yes I take more exercise. Yes I have had to stop taking some vegetables, pasta, rice, white bread I just cut out all together. I eat fresh meat, vegetables, plenty of them as I do like them, but to no avail, instead of coming down they go up has anyone here any suggestions.
The local hospital is still trying me with different types of tablets, but this is very frustrating for me. I try to stay as positive as possible, but this even tries my patience sometimes. Any one else out there feel like me?????

Having lost weight before I was diagnosed as a diabetic I am finding it harder to lose weight since I went on diabetic tablets? They affect every part of your system. Your mood, your inner self, you develop tiredness, your happiness levels are affected, no matter how hard you try to stay focused about everything some days I even experience signs of depression is this normal with diabetes??

I have never been able to handle sugar of any type. Even as a child. So I try and keep it to a minimum, but like most things in life sugar is in everything, even milk!!!!.......No all products on supermarket shelves have the full description of what is actually in the product, so we are being disadvantaged from the start. I find that myself personally I get panic attacks, feel stressed out, these symptoms have only recently developed since I started to take the medication for diabetes is this another factor with Diabetes, is there any one out there to answer these questions, or have experienced what I am writing today???????

Thank you

TheShark :? :)

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
I think most of us have at some time felt some degree of stress despair over our condition. A stressed body cannot function properly so you really do need to get back to your diabetes care team and explain EXACTLY as you have laid it out above.
It is impossible for anyone here to be able to offer any other advice. We are not medically trained and even if we were, we cannot see and inter-react with you.
Your panic attacks are not helping your elevated blood glucose, so the quicker you get along to your team, the quicker they can assist you getting those figures down to an acceptable level.

Don't give up, persist .. you just need a helping hand from your team. If they are not hearing you then you will need to make your point a little more firmly.
There are lots of tablets and now we have non insulin injections too, so somewhere on the medication shelves will be something to help you.

If you have time, take a browse through some of the many subject threads in here and don't forget to come back and let us all know how you are getting on . . . . good luck!!

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hello Shark and welcome to the forum. :)

So sorry to hear what a rotten time you are having just now. :( Can't help with any advice but do hope the hospital get this sorted out for you really quickly. Do let us know how you get on. :)

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi TheShark, sorry to hear you're having such a tough introduction to the wonderful world of diabetes!
We can't offer you any easy answers but with high blood sugars on oral meds, you might want to suggest to your healthcare team that they stabilise your condition with injected insulin. Don't panic, it's not the end of the world, but it would get you on an even keel quite quickly.
From there it might easier to establish the best way forward because you will feel very unwell at those sorts of numbers before too long.

fergus