Diagnosed in June

Dasmith135

Hi , I was diagnosed in June with type2 and prescribed Metformin taking 1 tablet 2 x a day . My blood level readings were 91 (was told this was high) just had the results of my 3 month Hba1c test and readings are 39! Metformin reduced to 1 a day ! I am pleased , it’s been hard work and total lifestyle change ,just hope the change in medication doesn’t create any issues ?

Reactions: jackthejoker

JojoNZ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Green veges!
Well done you! very close to my story Dasmith. I was diagnosed in June, my ha1bc was 63. Lost 12kg since then, trying to be as low carb as I can. Blood test last week 30. So I’m also now reduced to 1 x metformin a day. I’m hoping I can keep my levels under control just with the 1 tablet.

Reactions: jackthejoker

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Both of you did really well, and that's entirely down to your own efforts. The metformin didn't do the heavy lifting, you did. Be proud! :)

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
I started out at 109 and 4 Metformin a day. Did LCMF, shed a lot of weight, exercised more. Reduced to 2 Metformin, then 1 over 5 years. Last September I stopped Metformin altogether. Jan reading of HbA1c was 39, March 38 and I am waiting on results at the moment. These readings are slightly higher than they had been but are still in the non-diabetic range. I think I was using Metformin as a bit of a crutch. My kidney function and B12 levels have improved markedly without Metformin. I also feel that I have somewhere to go should I lose control over my blood glucose levels in the future.
Congratulations on your great result!