diarrea

old bird 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have diarrea and wondered how I manage my sugar levels because I am afraid to eat as I keep running to the toilet.

donna_kelly

Are you on Metformin? If so it may be that, I had that for at least a year. I had to go into hospital and have the camera up and down and it turned out to be the Metformin.

Last edited by a moderator:

susie1953

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
hi there I have had diaria since being told I have type 2 last summer im on insulin ,im going into hospital Wednesday to have a camera up my rear end how are you now

paymaster

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I had the same problem,5/6 times a day for 3 years until I found out that Metformin was the problem. Dosage was 4 x500mg daily. My doctors used to investigate me so many times but never told me what was the cause, they just gave me Imodium

I went onto insulin 4 months ago and halved my Metformin.. This did the trick and only produce good solid stools now.

Any one want my doctor!!

G

graj0

I could write a book on the rubbish that my GP gave me, sad because I found out after five years that my suspicions about metformin were 100% totally well founded and he'd been giving me the run around. His practice no longer has the benefit of my patronage although it was only 10 minutes walk and now I drive for 20 mins. The difference being that the lovely lady GPs at the new practice do something quite remarkable. They don't treat me like an idiot and they listen very carefully to what I have to say. That's made easier because I wrote it all down before I go it's so effective that they use my typed notes to scan into their computer system. Happy all round, most of the time.