Did your mother have gestational diabetes?

Did your mother have Gestational Diabetes?

• Yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters

FrancesB

Hey all,

I was just researching this as my mother has told me since my diagnosis that she had bad gestational diabetes when she was pregnant with both me and my brother.

It seems like there is some evidence that this can lead to diabetes for the children in later life as well as childhood obesity.

So... I was just wondering out of us here (if you know), did your mother have gestational diabetes when pregnant with you? I'm just wondering if a poll would show a higher percentage of yes's than no's.

Mods: Is it possible a poll could be added to this post to reflect the question?

Cheers,

Frances x

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Hi Frances, I've added the poll to your post :)

LauraJayType1

FrancesB said:
Hey all,

I was just researching this as my mother has told me since my diagnosis that she had bad gestational diabetes when she was pregnant with both me and my brother.

It seems like there is some evidence that this can lead to diabetes for the children in later life as well as childhood obesity.

So... I was just wondering out of us here (if you know), did your mother have gestational diabetes when pregnant with you? I'm just wondering if a poll would show a higher percentage of yes's than no's.

Mods: Is it possible a poll could be added to this post to reflect the question?

Cheers,

Frances x
Hey, just recently i found out my mam did have gestational diabetes when pregnant with me and i went on to get diabetes type 1. Whereas with my brother she never and he hasn't got diabetes :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ness1982

My mum didn't have GD when pregnant with me, however has been type 2 since I was a young child. My dad is type 2 also x