Diet Coke / 7UP Free etc

charlie000

I don't drink this stuff regularly. But, for the past 1 week I've been fasting around 18 - 24 hours and after every meal, I crave a carbonated drink.

I used to crave Coca Cola many years ago, but I stopped that and moved to the diet versions, I know they use sweeteners etc, but it just gives me that kick. I like how it feels in my mouth lol... it just helps me relax...

Someone on here said to go carbonated or sparkling water... but that is really bland... and quite expensive?

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you thought about flavored carbonated waters? Don't know if you're in UK or USA, but in USA Walmart has a brand called Clear American. I get mandarin orange, black cherry, cherry limeade, and white grape if they have it. 59 cents for a 33 oz bottle.

Reactions: Nooch1

dipsydo

Soda water is quite nice and is quite cheap. If drinking at home add lemon, or lime slices or if you like it cucumber . Pour the drink and then put back in the fridge for a few minutes to let the juices infuse. Plain water infused these slices is even cheaper cheaper and again it help if you refrigerate before drinking .

charlie000

Have you thought about flavored carbonated waters? Don't know if you're in UK or USA, but in USA Walmart has a brand called Clear American. I get mandarin orange, black cherry, cherry limeade, and white grape if they have it. 59 cents for a 33 oz bottle.
Is it low carb? I am in the UK

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Rul2m

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)