Different Results From Starches & Fruit Sugars

Miss_Dior

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Football, super hot weather, being sick
Long story short, I was dx'd prediabetes on May 8 (6.0 in US measurements), immediately reduced caloric intake drastically a la Newcastle and within a week brought BG down to good levels. I've been testing reactions to random foods.

I was very surprised to see that results of eating 1/2 cup of oatmeal (w/a pat of butter and 1 cup of nonfat milk) was only 114-122 (tested a couple of times in 1 hour increments) then down to 89 w/in three hours. Chana dal similarly low: 114. Cornbread: 111-114. I'm pleased with that.

But grapes? One hour after eating 150 grams of grapes: 144! Two hours: 103. I was shocked at the 144.

Today I had to do a lot of walking so I took 150 grams of grapes with me and ate them in four stages, thinking that spreading them out would lessen the blood spike. When I got home I was ravenous. I measured my BG about 2 hours after eating the last grape. MY BG was 96, which is not really high, but higher than my current normal fasting BG, something in the mid-80s.

Does anyone else get different results from starches and fruit sugars? I will continue to experiment with different fruits to see what happens, but I am interested to see if other people have the same results.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Grapes are little sugar bombs and should be avoided. I find I can tolerate sweet potatoes and berries, but oatmeal puts me through the roof.