Disgusting

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Out of curiosity, I am been looking at the weight watchers products online. I cannot believe the amount of sugar in their products. There was an individual desert and it had 16 grams of sugar in it. How the h**l can these companies get away with calling their products healthy with that amount of sugar in? Why is this not more exposed?. I really do think that it is disgusting that they can get away with this. Surely this is false advertising to call it Weight Watchers and claim that this is a diet food. No bl**dy wonder I put on weight before starting the Low carb diet. I mean I practically lived on this sort of food thinking that it was healthy. I didn't eat the deserts as such because I am not really a dessert eater but I regularly ate their yogurts, cheese, low-fat butter, and sometimes a ready meal. If it were not their diet products it was some other diet food. Feeling appalled and very angry.

Last edited by a moderator:

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Out of curiosity, I am been looking at the weight watchers products online. I cannot believe the amount of sugar in their products. There was an individual desert and it had 16 grams of sugar in it. How the hell can these companies get away with calling their products healthy with that amount of sugar in? Why is this not more exposed?. I really do think that it is disgusting that they can get away with this. Surely this is false advertising to call it Weight Watchers and claim that this is a diet food. No bloody wonder I put on weight before starting the Low carb diet. I mean I practically lived on this sort of food thinking that it was healthy. I didn't eat the deserts as such because I am not really a dessert eater but I regularly ate their yogurts, cheese, low-fat butter, and sometimes a ready meal. If it were not their diet products it was some other diet food. Feeling appalled and very angry.

As long as people fall for their money making scheme, they will continue to make that awful food. The low fat mantra is strong in the WW world, their model is designed for maximum profit as people keep coming back when they stop WW and put on weight.

Reactions: Prem51

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you looked at their frozen meals. Turkey and broccoli with 70 ingredients.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Have you looked at their frozen meals. Turkey and broccoli with 70 ingredients.
After what I have been reading this does not surprise me Kristin

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
After what I have been reading this does not surprise me Kristin
And I used to eat that stuff!!!
I loved the broccoli and cheese potato, the beef with gravy and asparagus. I wonder if there was any beef or asparagus or just preservatives in disguise!

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
And I used to eat that stuff!!!
I loved the broccoli and cheese potato, the beef with gravy and asparagus. I wonder if there was any beef or asparagus or just preservatives in disguise!
It really does make you wonder. I remember having the curry one a long time ago. It was all juice and 3 pieces of chicken lol. Tiny little bit of rice. For such a small meal that would of packed weight on. Now I serve myself when cooking two chicken thighs with curry spices and stock,and veg yummy

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Out of curiosity, I am been looking at the weight watchers products online. I cannot believe the amount of sugar in their products. There was an individual desert and it had 16 grams of sugar in it. How the hell can these companies get away with calling their products healthy with that amount of sugar in? Why is this not more exposed?. I really do think that it is disgusting that they can get away with this. Surely this is false advertising to call it Weight Watchers and claim that this is a diet food. No bloody wonder I put on weight before starting the Low carb diet. I mean I practically lived on this sort of food thinking that it was healthy. I didn't eat the deserts as such because I am not really a dessert eater but I regularly ate their yogurts, cheese, low-fat butter, and sometimes a ready meal. If it were not their diet products it was some other diet food. Feeling appalled and very angry.
Am I right in thinking that Iceland provides a retail outlet for their wares? I found that store very difficult to find anything low carb in anything they sell. Even their chicken strips have added sugar in them.

Reactions: Freema

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It is true what they say, if you take out the fats you have to replace it with something and that 'something' is sugar. Or sweeteners which in my own personal opinion are just as bad. We live and learn.

Reactions: Julia99

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Out of curiosity, I am been looking at the weight watchers products online
Weight Watchers is a business based on the mantra "they will fail and they will come back".
Its all calorie restriction leading to metabolic slowdown and weight re-gain.. that old myth that we have all be sold so many times "eat less, move more".
Their business model relies on people failing to achieve their goals.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Shhhhh, you're
Weight Watchers is a business based on the mantra "they will fail and they will come back".
Its all calorie restriction leading to metabolic slowdown and weight re-gain.. that old myth that we have all be sold so many times "eat less, move more".
Their business model relies on people failing to achieve their goals.

Shhhh, you're going to make some extremely wealthy people slightly poorer.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Several years ago I and a friend enrolled with weight watchers he didn't want to go on his own and I though not particularly over weight went to lend support. Even so I lost over a stone and he in the same period lost around seven stone.

So they are not all bad and where of use at that time.

Reactions: Freema

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@derry60 - I'm no supporter to Weight Watchers, and I don't think I have ever knowingly eaten any of their products. However, their specific products may contain less sugar/fact/calories, of whatever metric than a "standard" recipe.

In terms of the general population, one man's diet is for weight loss, it is another's feast, or starvation, etc.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
sometimes a ready meal.

When I first moved in with my better half, now my wife, she said that I was not going to be having any more unhealthy food like I'd been eating as a bachelor. I'm not quite sure what she thought I was eating, it was quite often chicken and vegetables along with a kebab now and again and probably one or two beers.

Anyway, WW frozen meals with some extra vegetable was what we had and I gained 3 stones in 3 months. Not being sure how I managed that on a so called healthy diet as opposed to my unhealthy bachelor diet when my weight stayed the same for years, I went to the GP and was referred to the hospital dietician.

As soon as she saw my food diary she mentioned the salt content of WW meals was not that healthy and suggested that would be a major cause. Obviously psychologically or emotionally I had changed, slightly more calm would you believe, but the dietician did highlight the hidden salt as a demon, not just causing fluid retention, but responsible for weight gain.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Several years ago I and a friend enrolled with weight watchers he didn't want to go on his own and I though not particularly over weight went to lend support. Even so I lost over a stone and he in the same period lost around seven stone.

So they are not all bad and where of use at that time.

Have you both kept it off?

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've lost just over 7 stone this year with weightwatchers. No horrible ready meals of course - most people don't touch those. Lots of fresh veg and lean protein. It's easy to use their plan to eat a low carb and lowish fat diet which has worked very well for me.

I will be sticking with them for the long term.

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am in America. I just looked at a stack of my wife's Lean Cuisine ready-to-eat meals in the freezer and the summarized nutrition information doesn't look so bad. Of course each of them has something like 40g of carbs but that's not an issue for non-diabetics. The only thing that does stand out rather is high sodium content in most of the meals.

(My wife and I eat separate breakfast and lunch but the same, low-carb dinner.)

Last edited:

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm afraid it's a case of caveat emptor (buyer beware). Do your homework before buying products like these. These diet product companies are in business to make money and would like you to stay with them and would like the widest audience they can get. Forums like these help provide the information people like us need.

leahkian

I was put on a Well Being plan by my GP as i had gone up over 20kg in a week, which in part was due to nerve damage to my bladder. I was 107kg and looked like a umplumpa. The first thing we did was i food diary to fill in for a week, when i went back to see my coach he said i was not eating enough!! I said how this he told me that eating less can be just as bad as over eating. So we started with having three meals a day not big meals just enough and started a exercise plan that i could do in the house with only a chair needed. After 6 months of cutting out bad carbs and eating more veg, salad and fruit i was down to 90kg then. he gave me the traffic light booklet in which red is bad amber is ok some of the time and green is great but he said beware og the portion size as it may be for 100g and you may be eating 300g so you have to times it by three.So every time i get shopping i look at the back of a tin to see what it would be if i ate the full tin, so if anyone wants to lose weight go to your GP and ask about the well Being course.