DIY face masks & info on wearing masks effectively...

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am staying in a hotel near Southwold for a short break. Cleaners and other backroom staff are all wearing masks, the receptionist is behind a perspex screen, there are sanitiser stations and the tables are spaced but the serving staff are not wearing masks or maintaining distance! Fingers crossed the fact there are very few cases in Suffolk and the short duration of contacts will protect me.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
On last Thursday morning I was making may way along one of the main corridors in Kingsmill hospital when I happened to pass a gentleman who though wearing a mask did not have it covering his nose I normally would not say any thing but this time I politely said to him excuse me but you do know the mask should be covering your nose his reply was yes I know that so I asked well why isn't it he said well just stay away from me then my reply to that was we were in a hospital where there are probably many vulnerable people about and that just telling people to keep clear of him was not good enough so kindly wear the mask as it is intended to be worn.
Which give him his due he did.

I did not have the courage to tell him that wearing the cloth washable type masks that many people are using is now prohibited within the confines of the hospital and that there are notices at every entrance saying so together with free medical masks in dispensing units. I thought I would leave that to someone else to point out.

If your not going to wear the masks correctly then what's the point.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
On last Thursday morning I was making may way along one of the main corridors in Kingsmill hospital when I happened to pass a gentleman who though wearing a mask did not have it covering his nose I normally would not say any thing but this time I politely said to him excuse me but you do know the mask should be covering your nose his reply was yes I know that so I asked well why isn't it he said well just stay away from me then my reply to that was we were in a hospital where there are probably many vulnerable people about and that just telling people to keep clear of him was not good enough so kindly wear the mask as it is intended to be worn.
Which give him his due he did.

I did not have the courage to tell him that wearing the cloth washable type masks that many people are using is now prohibited within the confines of the hospital and that there are notices at every entrance saying so together with free medical masks in dispensing units. I thought I would leave that to someone else to point out.

If your not going to wear the masks correctly then what's the point.
I’ve been asking people similar things. I think from now on I’ll just say that I’m wearing mine, a good one, to protect them, so why don’t they want to protect me? It may be a cue for abuse, but hey ho, let’s see.

Reactions: JohnEGreen