DLA

neilrollo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
can any member tell me if claimed and received what they call personal independent payment.just been advised by cab to claim it

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
neilrollo said:
can any member tell me if claimed and received what they call personal independent payment.just been advised by cab to claim it

Hi neilrollo, as I understand it Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is the replacement for the old Disability Living allowance which stopped a few months back.

I dont know much about how PIP works but the old DLA was in two parts a mobility allowance and a care allowance and depending on the type and severity of your disability you could claim for either part or both, as I understand it many claims were turned down but you do get the chance to reapply with new evidence and or appeal the first decision.

I would imagine that the new PIP is similar but your best bet would be to google PIP, here Ive done it for you and here are the results just click through them and im sure you will find some answers.

http://www.google.co.uk/#output=search& ... 40&bih=704

Good luck with your application.

neilrollo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Sid Bonkers said:
neilrollo said:

Hi neilrollo, as I understand it Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is the replacement for the old Disability Living allowance which stopped a few months back.

I dont know much about how PIP works but the old DLA was in two parts a mobility allowance and a care allowance and depending on the type and severity of your disability you could claim for either part or both, as I understand it many claims were turned down but you do get the chance to reapply with new evidence and or appeal the first decision.

I would imagine that the new PIP is similar but your best bet would be to google PIP, here Ive done it for you and here are the results just click through them and im sure you will find some answers.

http://www.google.co.uk/#output=search& ... 40&bih=704

Good luck with your application.
thank you for that I will have a look at that

Angiebaby1607

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi my daughter has type 1 diabetes diagnosed just before she was 16 a year ago. I got the dla for 2 month then she reached 16 and got it in her own right for 10 month. She has struggled to come to terms with this illness and I am constantly checking her bloods and insulin with her. She applied for the dla again in nov a year after being diagnosed and was refused. We appealed to be turned down again. There is a next step for appeal but I was wondering if anyone has come across this and does anyone else think this is unfair as she has only had this illness for 1year and her life has totally changed as with all type 1 diabetes sufferers.
Thanks for any assistance

jaade88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been diabetic since I was 7 and my mum and dad received DLA up until I was 16 but then it stopped. I moved out of my mum and dads house at 16 and applied for it myself and was also not granted it even though my mum and dad basically had to check in on me everyday! Iam now 22 and applied for it last year and was still knocked back so your not alone in this matter but it's good to know it's just not me that is t getting it even though I need 6 injections of insulin every day

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Bexw

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm looking for some help and advice, my daughter has been t1 since she was 1 she has always recieved dla at the middle rate although from what I've been reading recently she probably should have been awarded the higher rate, however she has just been reviewed on turning 12 and her claim has been stopped. I am aware this is happening more and more, I will be phoning dla tomorrow to start an appeal process but was wondering if anyone who has appealed successfully had and help/advice they can offer. I don't understand why suddenly they say she doesn't fit the criteria, I still physically give her half her injections as she only uses 2 sites and can't do her arms herself as well as all the other daily care I get up every night to check her bm as she is prone to severe hypos during the night. As I see it if I didn't provide the level of care I do she would be 1 very sick girl!!

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Not sure if I can do this but a good website I use for this type of situation is
Benefits and work. Do a google search

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App