Do antiseptic wipes make a difference?

letstalk1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Nothing surprises me im thinking its possible the wipes could-of course your finger was dry right?

Janr20

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needlephobia giving insulin
The wipes can influence your bgl. You need to check with your pharmacist to get suitable wipes that do not compromise your glucose reading. I have had this problem.
Agree the other issue might be different fingers I know my index one gives a slightly different reading. You will know when it's a good reading and a reading that's not correct

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
I was thinking about this only today. I think @SockFiddler wipes. I wonder which ones? I'm travelling next month and was thinking whether wipes or water would be more convenient to use by the side of the road.

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do wipe!

Lots of reasons for this but mostly, unless I've just washed my hands it's a pain for me to stand up and get to the kitchen to wash them again just to test, and wipes sit in a little tray next to where I sit or fit neatly into my meter kit in case I'm going out. Also, the little foil packet is useful for the used test strips. And, I figure, I get swabbed before every injection at the doctor's - it just seems right that I should clean my skin similarly when about to lance.

As to which ones, I forget the name of the first ones, but I didn't like them anyway - far too abrasive and chemical smelling. The ones I have now are by reliject, were dirt cheap and are acceptable for diabetics as long as you let them air dry first. They're a very fine, soft tissue and not too wet with the cleaning solution - much nicer on the skin!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reliject-P...&sr=1-1&keywords=reliject+pre-injection+swabs

The only complaint I have is that I bought 3 boxes at once and they came clumsily shoved into an envelope with the unmade boxes, so I had to unbend and untwist them and box them myself. Apart from that, though, they're serving me very well.

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
I do have packs of dia-wipes for the case where my hands are dirty in a place where I cannot get clean water to wash, let alone a friendly neighbor who happens to be holding a kettle. I spend a lot of time outdoors. Not noticed a problem with levels. @7.9 once in a while I would not worry, it it was double figures then I test again after washing again.

Freethinker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Those dia-wipes are very handy for when not easy to wash hands; tiny pack that fits in beside test kit

D

Deleted member 308541

The ones I use Medi-Swab are cheap to buy at my pharmacy $6.00 for a box of 200.

I have a box in the first aid kit in the car just in case they are ever needed.

Meggsie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I personally havent found them to cause any odd readings.... i wipe when im busy or away from home. Mine are called db wipes..... they come in a little round refillable container that sits neatly in my kit bag.

type 2 on insulin plus oral medications. also have hashimotos and fsgs