Do i have diabetes?

thatonegirl

Hi, i’m the last few months, I have had a lot of symptoms of diabetes, and as there are loads of people here on this website/ app who have diabetes, then i’d like to ask if you’ve had these before being diagnosed. Okay so, i’m almost 12 and i weigh 41kg (the last time i checked) and i’m somewhere 5,5. I have almost fainted in class yesterday and i’ve been feeling lightheaded there past few months and lately i’ve also had lightheadness WITH headaches. My vagina is itchy, i have had rib pain for 4 years, i have chest pain, nerve tics, my legs shake A LOT. I have short attention span, numbness and pain in legs, faces are blurry when not close, and i also have floaters, vision snow, and stomach pain. So please say if you think i do and if so, which type. Thank you! Have a great day/ night.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
We can't really diagnose, especially from these symptoms. Type 2 sounds unlikely at your weight and age, but I would strongly recommend you see a doctor. Look after yourself!

Reactions: thatonegirl

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi, i’m the last few months, I have had a lot of symptoms of diabetes, and as there are loads of people here on this website/ app who have diabetes, then i’d like to ask if you’ve had these before being diagnosed. Okay so, i’m almost 12 and i weigh 41kg (the last time i checked) and i’m somewhere 5,5. I have almost fainted in class yesterday and i’ve been feeling lightheaded there past few months and lately i’ve also had lightheadness WITH headaches. My vagina is itchy, i have had rib pain for 4 years, i have chest pain, nerve tics, my legs shake A LOT. I have short attention span, numbness and pain in legs, faces are blurry when not close, and i also have floaters, vision snow, and stomach pain. So please say if you think i do and if so, which type. Thank you! Have a great day/ night.

Hi @thatonegirl and welcome to the forums.

I'm so sorry that you have been having all these symptoms but you really need to see a doctor for a diagnosis, as forum rules specifically say we can't diagnose. A few of your symptoms sound a bit like diabetes but others don't and you really need a check up to see what is happening. (And be aware that if you are very underweight that can cause a number of symptoms that can easily be confused with diabetes.)

If your GP thinks you might have diabetes there are some simple blood tests they can do to check.

Are you able to talk to your parents about this?

Hopefully they will take you to see your doctor who can work out why you are having these symptoms.

Good luck and lots of virtual hugs.

thatonegirl

Hi @thatonegirl and welcome to the forums.

I'm so sorry that you have been having all these symptoms but you really need to see a doctor for a diagnosis, as forum rules specifically say we can't diagnose. A few of your symptoms sound a bit like diabetes but others don't and you really need a check up to see what is happening. (And be aware that if you are very underweight that can cause a number of symptoms that can easily be confused with diabetes.)

If your GP thinks you might have diabetes there are some simple blood tests they can do to check.

Are you able to talk to your parents about this?

Hopefully they will take you to see your doctor who can work out why you are having these symptoms.

Good luck and lots of virtual hugs.

Thank you, I have had a phone call with my gp today and i’m waiting for contact from the paediatrician. Hopefully it’s nothing serious but I also nearly fainted today. I really don’t know why, it’s the second time this week and it’s Wednesday.

thatonegirl

We can't really diagnose, especially from these symptoms. Type 2 sounds unlikely at your weight and age, but I would strongly recommend you see a doctor. Look after yourself!

Thank you, I’ve had a phone call with my gp and i’m waiting for any contact from the paediatrician. I mean my mums dad did have diabetes and also someone else from my mums side so it could me more likely (i’m not sure which type though). I’m guessing it might be low blood sugars, but hopefully everything will be alright.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, I’ve had a phone call with my gp and i’m waiting for any contact from the paediatrician. I mean my mums dad did have diabetes and also someone else from my mums side so it could me more likely (i’m not sure which type though). I’m guessing it might be low blood sugars, but hopefully everything will be alright.
Hope all goes well.
Do let us know how you get on.

tobythekid123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, I strongly urge you to see a doctor. The way google works these days can be scary.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm glad you're going to see a doctor. A forum isn't a place for a diagnosis, but you're obviously feeling unwell, and I'm glad someone's listening to you. Hang in there!

Take good care of yourself eh.
Hugs,
Jo