1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Do I need testing?

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by ChloeT, May 14, 2020.

1. ChloeT

ChloeT · Newbie

I get regular allergic reactions as allergic to multiple foods. I did a subject data request to the ambulance service and I found that my glucose levels are 8.2 this is at 23:00pm when my last meal was at 18:00. Most of the ambulance reports give reading all above 7.2
    Is this normal ? I’m not diagnosed with any blood sugar conditions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @ChloeT and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately we can’t diagnose on the forum, I can only suggest you consult your GP if you are worried. Let us know how you get on.

3. ChloeT

ChloeT · Newbie

There is no way i am going anywhere near any doctors surgery with this virus.

• Hug Hug x 1
  4. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Telephone appt maybe?

5. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

If the UK's doing things the same way as the Dutch are, suspected Covid-19 patients aren't allowed in the practice. It's one of the few places where you're not likely to get it.

Just something to take into consideration. Hope you'll have answers soon, one way or another.

6. Slaine2k

Slaine2k · Active Member

Hi Jokalsbeek it’s basically if u got symptoms isolate like me I have a blood test next week if I feel any symptoms tell them and don’t go

• Like Like x 1
  7. ChloeT

ChloeT · Newbie

Unless it’s an emergency no appointment allowed

8. Geordie_P

Geordie_P Type 2 · Well-Known Member

If there are allergic reactions and ambulances involved, I wouldn't be surprised if your blood sugar readings were going up because of stress. The numbers you posted are perhaps a bit high, but not scarily so. If going to the doctor is not an option, I suppose you could lower your carbs for now, and then get tested when the opportunity arises.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook