Do we have any motorsport fans in the house?

geezer

Hi, Geezer `ere,
I currently work for Mclaren Racing at present. Used to be one of the truck drivers for 8 years, that is, until i went onto insulin. Now working in the Inspection Dept., Checking anything from tooling jigs, to any parts of the car that are made and need inspecting, before being fitted. Very interesting work. Its certainly woken up my braincells, to get your head round some of the technical drawings, mind-boggling until you get used to looking at them.
I`ve met all the drivers since `97, and yes, they are all great characters, esp, Pedro De La Rosa, one of our test drivers. Picked him up several times from Heathrow, and since we test a lot in Spain, we actually converse in Spanish, Just to keep my hand in.
I consider myself very privilaged to have such a job.

Clive. :D :D :D

cjohnson

Dislikes
Spiders and other similar creepy crawlies
I love F1 - have followed it for years especially McLaren. Can't wait for next week. Have just got massive new HD TV and Sky HD + comes next Saturday. Will be great to watch the race on. :D Fingers crossed for Lewis :wink: :wink:
Chris

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
lionrampant said:
IanD said:
Do we have any motorsport fans in the house?

Definitely NO!

I have 2 classic cars in my garage, which restrict my use of it. My wife keeps her bicycle in it but there's no room to move :twisted:

Oh aye, what are they?
See this one at the NEC soon:
tulipwinner_at_1965silverstone1.jpg

He's reserved his space with a trailer :(

Muttley61

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
B/S. Lies. Sensationalism. Smugness. Not enough money. Anyone who makes being a diabetic HARDER!
:D Hi everyboby,
This is my first visit to this notice board and obviosly my first post.
The name, well every one must have heard of Muttley from whacky races and I use 61 as my race car number it made sense to me.
I don't understand, am I correct in saying that there are no other motorsport competitors who are members of Diabetes.co.uk?
I have been racing since 2001. I am an old git at 53years and I've just received my Nabaro medal (for living with diabetes for over 50 years). I've been insulin dependant since 1958 and I've seen alot of changes but I think some of you guys might appreciate my joy when the RACMSA changed the rules to let diabetics hold a competition licence...eeh har!!!
With the support of my hospital clinic and doctors support (and a fair ammount of hard work) we got my licence.
Having been interested in motorsport from the age of about 6 the disapointment was immense when I was told "you cannot race" so I got involved at club level as a race mechanic and technician when I was about 16 or 17. I've participated in the sport from about 1970 at various levels.
My present race car is a Ford Anglia 105E fitted with an all steel 1500cc GT engine and I participate (or try to) in the HSCC Pre1966 Saloon Car Championship which, money not withstanding, I will again be contesting in 2009.
Sorry if this has been a bit boring but I am quite passionate about both motor racing and Diabetes.
Thats a little of my story so any sponsors out the do not hesitate to get in touch.
Cheers,
Brian. :D

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi Brian welcome to the forum, I'm a motorsport fan but my involvement was limited to being Mechanic for my mate who used to race motor bikes in the sixties and seventies, He moved to the states and went on to ride in the same Suzuki team as Barry Sheen, but alas I was unable to join him.

Regards Graham

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Welcome, Muttley. Did you see our 1965 Imp at NEC?

SHESCOOBY

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Liars
Hi Guys & Girls

My name is Kaz I am a Type 1 Diabetic have been for over 25 years My brother is also a Type 1 Diabetic and has been for over 30+years, so growing up in our house was fun for our parents. Anyway as you can see I am a Woman and a total petrol head lol I love anything to do with Motor racing etc. I own a Subaru Impreza and have done a couple of Track Days in it however the other half has a Lotus Exige which we raced on a regular basis, especially the Nurburg Ring which is a place to go if you love racing :D
I entered a competition of Formula Woman, which I scored very highly just missed out on the qualifying round which brings me to the next bit of I guess they read the "do you have any medical conditions" which was answered as yes Type 1 Diabetes, and basically I think it kind of rang alarm bells for them lol. ah well their loss
I would have loved to got a racing licence but seems so far away now :cry:

So just wanted to say Hi to all the fellow racing peeps out there :mrgreen:

Kaz

Mog

Four wheels no except for rallying. Two wheels yes and yes!! And of course the best rider in the world will be taking to four wheels on behalf of "Children In Need" on the RAC Rally. I need not mention his name because you will know exactly who I mean.

610x.jpg

:D