Do we have any motorsport fans in the house?

lionrampant

:D BTCC, F1, Supercar Touring, anything? If it has four wheels, an engine, and can be driven fast I generally love it. I'm thinking of getting tickets to the Knockhill event in August - just need to convince my mates to go!

I'm also a great fan of karting (surprise suprise) - have been since I was 13. First track I ever had a chance to drive on was an outdoor one. Anyone ever go to the indoor Scotkart out at Clydebank? Apparently it's been changed to include a flyover bridge and all sorts.

Oh to get my hands on one of the professional (150MPH) ones... :mrgreen:

P.S. Mon the Coulthard! Finally a podium place with Red Bull ;)

stockcar19

Hi
If you like anything on four wheels that goes fast and furious and you live within reach of Knockhill you have the chance to see the Brisca F1 stockcars on therir only annual visit north of the border this weekend.These cars are unlimited V8 Chevrolet engined (mainly) and go like the proverbial,also being allowed full contact they can be spectacular in to the corners!! ALL the top drivers will be there ,just wish I could get there but its a long way from Croydon.
If you want more info "www.bscda.co.uk" or "www.stoxnet.co.uk" or send me PM and I will tell you more.

Regards
Pete

stockcar19

Sorry Lionrampant

Ref previous e-mail, Brisca F1 stockcars are at Cowdenbeath this Sat 14/06 @ 18.00 and Knockhill on Sunday 15/06@ 14.00

Regards
Pete

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates

Definitely NO!

I have 2 classic cars in my garage, which restrict my use of it. My wife keeps her bicycle in it but there's no room to move :twisted:

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being so high I can barely open my eyes :(
I'm a massive F1 fan , being a McLaren fan I am a bit bemused by yesterday..silly boy!!! :mrgreen:

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ah yes, DC did well yest considering his brakes almost packed up , great job - nice seeing him back up on the podium.

Did anyone else expect to hear Italy's national anthem after the German one for BMW?? lol..too many years of of MS winning!

lionrampant

stockcar19 said:
Sorry Lionrampant

Ref previous e-mail, Brisca F1 stockcars are at Cowdenbeath this Sat 14/06 @ 18.00 and Knockhill on Sunday 15/06@ 14.00

Regards
Pete

Cheers, wish I had the time (or money!).

IanD said:

Definitely NO!

I have 2 classic cars in my garage, which restrict my use of it. My wife keeps her bicycle in it but there's no room to move :twisted:

Oh aye, what are they?

kareeta said:
I'm a massive F1 fan , being a McLaren fan I am a bit bemused by yesterday..silly boy!!! :mrgreen:

Indeed. Silly boy. What did he think they were doing, having a chat before rejoining the race?

And yeah the anthem moment was odd :lol:.

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Indeed. Silly boy. What did he think they were doing, having a chat before rejoining the race?

And yeah the anthem moment was odd :lol:.[/quote]

PMSL!! :mrgreen: Thats what I thought - to be fair Kimi kept his cool, can't imagine DC or many other drivers being quite so congenial!

stockcar19

Derek Warwick on radio this morning was asked what action he would have taken if he was Kimi , he replied that he would probably have punched him.

lionrampant

:lol: Can't say I disagree. It's a shame for Hamilton in some ways, since he is a good driver. Silly mistakes are always annoying.

And kareeta - funny you should use DC as an example, I'm sure I remember him nearly coming to blows with someone a few season back.

yorksherpud

I love F1, I'm the only one in the house that does though. My cousin was Karting World Champ a few times many years ago.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Two of mine used to race at Craille and Knockhill but life catches up with you and I don't think they've been there for a while.

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
One of the funniest things I ever saw on tv was MS storming down to the pit garage to threaten DC after MS ran into the back of him in the rain ..some rainmaster!

Then DC on Massa earlier this year after he was taken out by him
"I admit I did the same thing to Alex [Wurz] last year, but I admitted it and apologised. He had better. If he doesn't, I'll knock three colours of **** out of the little ******* ".

Very funny when on Live TV !!! Poor Louise didn't know what to say :mrgreen:

Sweet3x

yep, F1 and anything fast fan here. Just got back from Le Mans .. well, ok, got back last night, but still. Fabulous weekend and I can thoroughly recommend it to anyone into Motorsport - cheaper than F1, and more of a challenge than watching rally cars (ok, maybe not quite as exciting, but watching them whizz around in the dark, lights and brakes glowing, more than makes up for it).

I'm not going to get into fave drivers/teams. There is only one F1 team and one driver (now retired but his replacement is among my preferred drivers). I don't accept there are any other worthy teams. Sorry!

Incidentally, I lay claim to having met several F1 drivers and found them all to be lovely, friendly and great with their fans :) More than can be said for some football stars :(

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
lionrampant said:
IanD said:

Definitely NO!

Oh aye, what are they?
Hillman Imp, Ford RS 2000.

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hey Sweet3x

You wouldn't be talking about Schumi Snr would ya? Would love to meet him ..did get to meet the Swirve in Antibes when he was a Ferrari driver , always thought he was a great character :mrgreen:

Strange but even though I'm a McLaren fan I'm not fussed about meeting Lewis, too much hype - would have prefered to meet JPM on his day..who I watch in over in America now

lionrampant

Well that was a fine show of intelligence at Silverstone: It looks like a swimming pool in The Complex, but no - stick to intermediates :roll: .

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Class drive from Lewis - on inters all the way..guess Kimi and Alfonso are just not as good in the wet :mrgreen:

nick-o

I'm a motorsport fan and have been fortunate to attend some great events. The best value for money event i went to was the Le Mans series at Silverstone. The teams that enter the Le Mans race in France continue to travel around Europe after the main event. Compared to the F1, the open-ness is fantastic, for £15 a ticket you get access to the middle of the track and paddock. It's great just seeing what goes on in the background, no one really cares where you go too much, we strolled around a few of the pit areas and spoke to the crew... the only problem is that it lacks atmostphere as its dead!