Do you add salt, magnesium, potassium to your diet?

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
I have never added salt to food, either on the plate or in cooking, so particularly in warm weather I add a tiny pinch or ordinary salt to my morning coffee, along with a larger pinch or ground cinnamon. If I don't then I get cramps - only in the leg muscle which was most affected by the use of statins, but they are so painful.
Resurgam I will try this (the salt in a drink) as, like yourself I have never added sat to anything before. Even when cooking or baking and following recipes that say to add salt I never do. I had a particularly painful calf cramp at 5am ... the first in quite a few days now. I hope it won't alter the flavour of my tea or coffee :/

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Resurgam I will try this (the salt in a drink) as, like yourself I have never added sat to anything before. Even when cooking or baking and following recipes that say to add salt I never do. I had a particularly painful calf cramp at 5am ... the first in quite a few days now. I hope it won't alter the flavour of my tea or coffee :/
I think it improves the taste of coffee - it is only a very small amount that I add.
If for some reason I do not have coffee then I add salt to something else - dipping a radish into salt for instance, or adding it to salad after the coleslaw. This summer have found I need to really be aware of my salt intake, as I am a year older and the temperatures have been extraordinarily high - the thermometer in the bathroom ran out of numbers and went blank for several days.