Do you drink enough water?

Nami

Do you drink enough water?
Water -- the good 'ole H2O without any flavorings, sweeteners, colors, etc. -- is essential to overall health and weight loss. You should be drinking in ounces half of your weight in pounds (or 64 oz, whichever is MORE). For example, if you weigh 160 pounds you should be drinking 80 oz. of water per day.

i admit, most days I don't think enough water. Do you?

Reactions: 2 people

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Filter your tap water.
Whether hard or soft, it's a sure way to remove the chlorine that is not good and is considered toxic to your pancreas.
I know I've said this before so I'm sorry if it's repetitive.
I should also note this is me being uber-careful and it's your choice, the chlorine content in treated tap water is minimal and deemed safe.
The water filter is simply a little insurance.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
The feelings of hunger are almost identical to the feelings of thirst, so next time you feel that you are hungry and think you need a snack try drinking a glass of water instead :thumbup:

Zachary

Water is vital for life and health as water hydrates muscles and skin, regulates body temperature and protects our vital organs. Water boost metabolism and helps in losing and maintaining healthy body weight. Water improve kidney and brain functions and moisturize joints.

Last edited by a moderator:

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Of course water is essential to life, but there are a lot of myths around it. You get water from the food you eat, just drink when you are thirsty.
Another myth is that when you are thirsty you are already dehydrated, what utter ****.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
we should get half of recommended amount from food and the other half from drinking water. However, drinking only when you are thirsty is not healthy. When you are thirsty means that you are already dehydrated. We should avoid dehydration. Therefore, we should drink regularly even in sips. It is very good to carry a bottle of water and take a sip from time to time. When you are drinking in small amount, you are sure the water get absorbed. When you drink large amount of water at once, absorption isn't efficient and you lose most of the water you drunk.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Dont be fooled into thinking that bottled water is somehow better than tap water......

I live close to a large Coca-Cola depot (Footscray - Sidcup) that was mentioned in news items a few years back when Coca- Cola started to market bottled pure spring water..........It turned out they were filling the bottles straight out of the tap, so dont be fooled into thinking that bottled water is somehow better than tap water you just never know where bottled water comes from but you always know where tap water comes from.

So I pay my water rates to Thames Water which is exactly what Coca-Cola were selling..... :roll:

You couldnt make this stuff up could you :lol:
http://www.theguardian.com/business/200 ... eandhealth

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Totally agree with you;] By saying bottle of water, I meant that I bought bottle of water and now I'm just refilling it with tap water:p

eemojohn258

Yes, I am drinking too much water in a day and I think drinking water after wake up in morning and before brushing is good and drink enough water is very good way.

Fiona I

I only drink water in tea does that count :?: :?:
I have a good few cups through the day on my 5th of the day now at noon x :p

Stacy09

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As soon as I came to know that drinking water helps in weight loss, I started drinking 10 glasses of water a day. Next I heard that green drink also helps in weigh reduction. Is it so? If yes, please suggest me some best green drinks.