Prediabetes Do you find that exercising has a positive effect on Fasting Blood Glucose levels?

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm curious to find out from people in this forum who exercise regularly since finding out they had prediabetes if the routine of exercising daily or frequently helped lower their Fasting Blood Glucose levels, if all exercise helps or certain exercises.

I just recently found out I am prediabetic, and I want to begin working out, currently I am just doing walking for an hour a day. I was hoping to find out from people who have started an exercise routine if there were any significant changes in their Fasting Blood Glucose levels.

Thanks ahead of time!

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When my knees allow I finding walking just the thing. Diet and exercise have definitely helped my BGs and probably my mental wellbeing. They are likely to be related.
Measuring my BGs before and after exercise, I've never been able to see a relationship.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I have a gcm and love watching my blood sugars drop using exercise.

No. 1 Interval running after every meal and before bedtime. The 10-minute workout. 3 minute warmup jog. [1 minute walk. 2 minutes run.] x2 1 minute walk.
No. 2 Weight training. 3 x 8 sets as heavy as you can lift with a 3-minute rest in-between. Leg press. Bench Press. Seated Row.
No. 3 50 minute interval session (Chrissy Wellington Run faster (iTunes) 1 24 minute Interval training. x2)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All exercise other than walking increases my blood sugar levels, and that exercise is not working out in a gym, it is housework and gardening. I have never had a problem with fasting BG levels. Walking is the best exercise for me.

Reactions: hankjam