1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 Do you have a disability? (Work)

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Talo, Dec 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. inked62

inked62 · Member

Type 2 is classed as a disability

2. KK123

KK123 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I know, what I'm saying is that in the UK it is not automatically covered under the Disability Act.

3. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

I know that. but it is not relavent to this discussion as the OP is asking about if it is classed as a disability in the USA which it is according to the ADA.

4. KK123

KK123 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi John, I guessed you would have known that but what I was trying to do was avoid any confusion for those reading the thread who may not have realised it was the US initially being spoken about. I think that is relevant to the thread but I'm sure a Moderator can delete it if appropriate.

• Like Like x 1
    #24 KK123, Oct 24, 2021 at 7:59 PM
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  5. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

Fair enough I was in no way trying to start an argument or accuse anyone let alone your self of being off topic or derailing the thread I take your point and concede that you where trying to clarify any confusion that may have arisen.:)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook