Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
martwolves said:
Hello, Liang17, Do you mean diabetic and use insulin?

Just wondering, because if you are diabetes, you may find yourself unpopular on here.

:)

Behave marty :lolno:

Some members may have spelling mistakes or dyslexia [and cant help it] :)
Even using the apps can cause spelling mistake's too with the small keypads etc

Anna .

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Hi Anna,

I was a BIT naughty, but stayed on topic and explained myself.

Sometimed, the devil will find work for idle hands to do. You have me bang to rights and I felt compelled to apologise. I know being a mod is hard, as is being a sufferer. I am childish sometimes and I ought, sometimes, to think twice prior to pressing send. I see your point, I hope others get that sometimes, if you don't laugh, the alternative is to cry. I'm not a patronising person, I have a daughter with autism who at the moment has about £3k of unresolved damage to her name. If I can't laugh, I'd be a melting, wilting, Mart. There are things wrong with my wife and she's much worse off than me! Anyone who thinks I'm flippant, I'm trying to lighten up. Sorry if I come across as a bit of a whallopper.

Take care

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Yes! It is inherant and not your fault. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Type 1, stigma-free. My friends, family and colleagues all know, I'm astonished 10% tell no one. It could be the difference between waking tomorrow or not. None of my business and all the best. I could be better than I am and am not perfect.

tonya63

i have told every1 i know on facebook & people in the local shops & P.O. i have received favourable replys & adivise from all. thank u all.

Hoosa

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've recently been diagnosed with T2 i told most of the people at work that I'm diabetic. My bosses have been great giving me time off to attend Desmond classes,and meeting my DN.

meercat

I was initially diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and close friends I told the information to. It has since been changed to probably type 2. I have not told them otherwise as I feel there is a huge stigma attached to type 2 especially in NZ, it as seen as a self inflicted disease. So if my diabetic status comes up in conversation, I say I am a diabetic on insulin and they tend to assume it is type 1. It avoids a lecture of their assumed idea of what my diet is (nope I have never liked sweet foods, I grow the majority of my own vegetables and have always hated fast foods and for years have followed a lowish carbohydrate diet) until recently (major foot injury) have been very active. I hate the patronising comments assuming otherwise.

Cameron08

Type of diabetes
Type 1
yes , if in a social setting where it is neccessary. I've nevr experienced any animosity, just lots of stories about how theirn granny
etc has it. A lot of people don't realise how life threatening it can be.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
I mention it only if they ask me about it or if it is 'really' necessarily needed pointing out to someone .

Like - if someone may attempt to sell or offer me a sample of something unsuitable .

Like - when out in a cafe or resturant and they are offering me the sugar bowl for coffee
or about to give me 'non slimline tonic water or non diet coke' at a bar or pub .

Only when necessary to raise it up - for my own safety and health .

Anna.

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I avoid discussing my type 1 diabetes. There is do much ignorance about it. I get questions like 'oh you must have been really fat when you were 10years old to get diabetes', em no I wasn't, it's an auto immune disease. ' oh so you are not allowed biscuits/cake etc'. Em, I can eat whatever you eat, providing I match the insulin to the carbs, testing at the same time....then you regret saying too much as it opens up a conversation that is too complicated for many to grasp

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Dglover

As an employment lawyer with type1 I would always recommend advising people you have the condition not only for your safety but under the Employment Rights Act which encorporated the Disability Discrimination you should be afforded this blanket of protection should you need it.

Keith300-01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Strong wind
Yes all the time + have a visible card in Id wallet with diabetic on it one is on my work bag and one on my push bike been diabetic type 1 for 29 years . Keith