Do you write down your blood test results?

bobismad

I never used to write the results down, was like that for years, then the DLN gave me a One touch Ultra smart meter, its was a revelation, only had to d/l the readings 1x a month to the computer and at the press of a button had more graphs and trends than you could shake a disco stick at, one fault I found with the one touch was the DLN had to have same software on her computer (which they didnt), but the Abbot meter sends them as PDF's, so no compatability issues.... One Touch is a great meter, but from experience, the insulinx is on a whole new level......, aboot do send the cables with the freedom (they sent me a meter as a 'spare' for free when I registered the insulinx, (I did ask for it thought)..

Bob

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Even though my day job is a deeply computer techie one and I know I could automate the upload of my readings I take the readings from my meter and manually enter them into my spreadsheet. I normally do that as close to after taking after each reading as possible. I find the mere act of typing in the number keeps me on the straight and narrow. I've set my spreadsheet up so it auto colour codes each reading and calculates loads of averages. I wanted something that gave me an instant feedback "kick" for both good and bad readings and something that gave me long term targets to aim for.

Camilla

Dislikes
Negative people with closed minds.
I just keep 2 or 3 weeks worth of results on a simple spreadsheet. For me I don't see any reason to keep ones further back. The spreadsheet is one I created for myself.

Just realised - sorry - I am a type 2. I just went on to 'new Posts' and did not see this is a type 1 forum.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Herbie72 said:
Maybe I need to buy a cheap PC! :lol:

You mean a powerful computer that is ready to accept a huge range of diverse software that will run smoothly on its operating system, dont you :wink:

Kylie_Baker

Dislikes
impolite people, tv, cheap icecream...
I rely on the meter I use, there's software for it, and like a naughty school girl i only look at it just before a doctors visit :)