Does A Haircut Really Change Your Mood?

streem26

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I don't know about you, but when I wake up in the morning and my hair won't do what I want it to do, I know it's a sign that the rest of my day is going to suck (because when I don't like my hair, my confidence plummets)

Last edited by a moderator:

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Every day is a bad hair day for me lol. Due to drugs I have to take to modify my immune system (chemo drugs) my hair has become thin and brittle. Add this to hair that is baby fine and well.... It seems to be old fashioned or sexist to say that a womans hair is her crowning glory but really how many women can rock a bald head. Hair is a big part of the picture you present to the world as a woman trying to look her best and yes it does affect self esteem and self confidence. That is just my opinion but you asked :p

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I wouldn't know it's been 30 years since I had one:)

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
As a man with quite fast growing hair, yes a hair cut can make my day better. I feel cleaner and tidier .. The wife on the other hand has never been to a hair dressers in the 25 years we have been together ... & she has said herself she has only been to the hairdressers once in her adult life, it was at the start of the worst day of her life .. her wedding day .. she was married before we met I must add ... our wedding day was the happiest .. and it did not involve a hairdresser !!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 308541

Every ten weeks I go to the podiatrist to get my toenails cut and my feet checked out. After I am finished I go across the street to the hairdresser my partner goes to, and get $10.00 - number 2 clipper cut all over.

This will see me through to the next time I go to the podiatrist.

Head feels good, feet feel good, I feel even better. :D

Edit: I forgot that it is this Friday 26 that my feet and hair will get attended to.

Last edited:
S

Shar67

I shave my head twice a year, at present it's about 2 inches long, i did have shoulder length bob, but it was a pain as it always had to be tied back, throwing up every day hair stick to side of face, nope.
My bad day is when I get up and haven't the energy to get in to the shower, or if I make it into the shower and the water hurts, then it's probably best to go back to bed.
I think your confidence should be from within not what the outside shell looks like
Anyway I think a shaved head can look great
http://www.teenvogue.com/gallery/why-six-fashion-models-shaved-their-heads

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a hair stylist and I will never forget the day I was taught we can make or break someone's day in a matter of a haircut. I know this to be true. Fortunately I make people's days. If my hair sucks, my day sucks.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 308541

I am a hair stylist and I will never forget the day I was taught we can make or break someone's day in a matter of a haircut. I know this to be true. Fortunately I make people's days. If my hair sucks, my day sucks.
Way I look at it is, it only needs a bad number two clipper cut a week to grow a bit then all is good.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
A Number 2 comb in the Wahl once a month keeps everything tidy.
By the second cut the hair trimmers have paid for themselves.

I normally notice when my hair gets a bit long because it takes longer to dry and looks a bit scruffy in the mirror.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I shave what's left of my hair with a No 1 setting on the clippers. I do feel better after I've done it. I try to do it every two or three days and feel a bit scruffy if I go a week or longer without doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
I hate going to the hairdresser (as there is always something else I want to do) but ... I love the results. I went to the hair dresser yesterday and had more green added to the mix .... I did not even get to the car before I received the first complement about my hair colour ....

Reactions: 4 people

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I dont like the hairdresser. I dont like the inane chatter about anything and everything. More importantly I dont like people touching me so as and when I have my hair cut I have to wait until I'm in a better frame of mind and then go quickly, whilst it lasts. I have very long hair so it usually gets stuck up in a pony tail. I have a bad hair day today but no time to do anything about it. I quite like the concept of shaving it off :eek:

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does a haircut really change your mood?
My wife had her haircut, £15!!!!!!!!!!
Too right it changed my bloody mood.:mad::mad::mad:
Fifteen quid? You don't know you're born, mate :D. The place Mrs h-c goes to, in Sarfampton, is about forty quid a go, just for a basic cut. Mind you, she does have lots of naturally curly hair (stop tittering, at the back) and you don't want a beginner mucking about with it (I said stop tittering....... :D).

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How very true. In our yuppified 80's yoof, Mrs h-c used to get her hair done at Trevor Sorbie, in Covent Garden. She came back from there one evening, saying that there had been a woman there who had opted for a radical haircut - she had long, straight hair and she asked them to chop most of it off, to leave a short, gamine look. Like this:

iu

It was actually very nice, apparently, but the woman was in floods of tears as she wrote a (no doubt massive) cheque to pay for it. Apparently they'd tried to discourage her but she wouldn't be told.....

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fifteen quid? You don't know you're born, mate :D. The place Mrs h-c goes to, in Sarfampton, is about forty quid a go, just for a basic cut. Mind you, she does have lots of naturally curly hair (stop tittering, at the back) and you don't want a beginner mucking about with it (I said stop tittering....... :D).
Forty quid !!!!!!!! Up here in Lester that would get you a new wife.:D:D:D

D

Deleted member 308541

I got my number 2 clipper cut all over yesterday, while I was waiting for the other hairdresser to get her gear together I was looking at the price list.

The most expensive female haircut with the works was $130.00, I had a bit of a smile at that. Did not laugh when she charged me $15.00 for mine though. It went up $5.00 since the last time I was in there. :eek: