does anyone do slimming world?

curlynurse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Im on slimming world, but now cant fill up on fruit or bananas does anyone do slimming world with diabetes sucessfully?
xcnx

Heartberry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being type 2 diabetic with high cholesterol and having spina bifida
Hi curlynurse , I have been following slimming world since 31st of October and lost 14 lb , haven't got my hb1ac down but instead has gone up which is baffling but will be checked again in March when I have my three month check up.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I don't do SW but would suggest it isn't really suitable for diabetics as it doesn't take enough account of carbs. I would just adopt a low-carb diet and have enough protein, fats, veg and fruit to balance the diet and keep you feeling full; it's also cheaper.

Reactions: 2 people

stacyleanne12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I did slimming world before and they do have a section on the website for advice for people with Diabetes. If you ask the person who runs the session they should have been briefed on how to help / give advice. :) xx

Heartberry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being type 2 diabetic with high cholesterol and having spina bifida
My girlfriends sister does slimming world and i do kinda do slimming world but my own version, I have adapted it to work around my diabetes, I carb count every meal, test my blood glucose levels, I did wobble with my Medication and have now got that under control, the meals are easy and adaptable for your own needs, I'm not a member but look at the site for ideas as cannot exercise due to my spina bifida making my legs weak, which is why I'm trying to lose weight with speed foods and healthy eating, my hb1ac is at 75mmol , metformin 1000 mg twice a day and statins which I don't take.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I used to go to slimming world and put weight on now do my own diet and losing weight slowly by getting help from the forum

Reactions: 4 people

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I started S.W. about a year ago, but had to give up, I couldn't cope with the low carb offerings- I'm type 2 with insulin.. I get loads of help & suggestions reading the LCHF Forums - much better for me.