Does Diabetes Regulate Your Life ?

TTTE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes (but I may learn to love it)
I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed that they do things now on a more regular basis. I'm a type 2 diabetic so every 28 days I pick up my repeat prescription from my local chemist. On the same day I've also taken to:-
Reformatting my memory card in my dash cam,
Resetting the time on my watch (It loses a couple of seconds each day)
Making up the books for my company
Washing the car
Paying the credit card
And probably a load of other things that escape my memory just now, but lots of stuff is now much more organised that it used to be.

Anyone else found their life like this?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another chaotic person here. :) I just don't 'do' organised, I didn't inherit the tidy gene either. :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for starting this thread @TTTE
I was thinking about what you said and remembered I was meant to pick up a repeat prescription on Monday lol - so you can consider yourself to be a Really Useful Engine ;):)

Reactions: TTTE
D

Deleted Account

every 28 days I pick up my repeat prescription from my local chemist.
I have no regularity to my prescription.
The insulin usage depends on what I eat and what I am doing.
The test strip usage depends on what I am doing and how I m feeling
My pump supplies are reasonably regular but I order that on line and it is delivered to my home.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yup every 28 days I go to the pharmacist's and sit and wait for half a hour or so while they make up and bag my repeat prescription that should have been ready and waiting for me but never is even if I were to give it an extra day before going..

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Not chaotic, but always planning especially with everything that has to done and coping with type 1, as it has a lot of up's and down's and needs loads of organising, but that's life with diabetes and with nearly 3 decades of it I hope for many more too :)

Reactions: lindijanice
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Not chaotic, but always planning especially with everything that has to done and coping with type 1, as it has a lot of up's and down's and needs loads of organising, but that's life with diabetes and with nearly 3 decades of it I hope for many more too :)
Plus I fit in all the mundane bits and pieces too :rolleyes:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I don't think there is any regularity in any type 1's life. Its constant chaos most of the time.....Unless we are sleeping then the chaos resumes when we wake up :)
My repeat prescriptions are ordered when I pick my last script up and the chemist holds it in the fridge. So they are there when I need them. Depending on what food I eat, what the weather is like, what colour socks I have on, you get the idea lol

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
I find it regulates my day more but not my month.
My morning routine is more organised, I plan more where I will find T2 friendly meals, I even have more routine in loo trips so I can time them around tests (so I don’t need loads of extra hand wash visits).
I’m still left wishing had more time in the day, a thought I balance against the fact that my healthier lifestyle is giving me more time in my life (I hope!).

Reactions: lindijanice

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
diabetes has changed my life very much... I do count my grams of carbs every day and also my level of calories.. maybe for forever... I have been morbidly obese not as much now but I have to keep an eye on my foods forever... not to gain it all back.. at the moment I haven´t got the character to do 20 grams of carbs daily.. but in the fall I am going to go lower carb as low as I can while being a single mother also wanting to share some meals with my daugther who is a vegetarian.. and enjoys cooking too..which I don´t ...so untill she leaves home next year I will probably be in the level of around 100 grams of carbs daily..

well yes I think diabetes rules my world also by dictating me to exercise a lot

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes.
I have a morning routine and a before bed routine which I never needed before my diagnosis.
Inbetween varies... alot.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My food shopping, meals and testing are organised, but can’t say the same about the rest of my life! :joyful:
Why are your Drs only giving you one months supply of meds? I’m given two months worth each time, surely more cost effective for our poor old NHS?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I take my basal insulin and asthma prevention inhaler at 1000 and 2200. The other 23 hours and 58 minutes of my days are abject chaos.

Last edited:
Reactions: zand

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I must be an exception. Hopelessly organised down to finite detail. Too much instilled into me as a kid and T2 is just a part of that

Reactions: ickihun
D

Deleted member 308541

The sun comes up and the sun goes down
The hands on the clock keep a-goin' 'round
I just get up and it's time to lay down
Life gets tedious, don't it, hmm...

Apologies to Walter Brennan.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Or...gan...ised? What is thing thing you speak of?

Reactions: TTTE

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
. . . . . so every 28 days I pick up my repeat prescription from my local chemist

I go every 56 days, I think I'll blame that fact for me forgetting the credit card bill, The dash cam "wraps round", I'm not washing the car at the moment, water shortages and all that (possibly laziness LOL), watch is excellent time keeper, but I frequently don't wear a watch.

Anyone else found their life like this?

Good question, unfortunately my life is slightly disorganised although I do use things like shopping bags by the door to remind me that I need a bag and not buy plastic bags from the shop. Letters by the door to remind me they have to be posted, basically things left in prominent positions to remind me they need doing.

Reactions: Bon83