does porridge cause you bg spikes?

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Porridge used to be my everyday breakfast, when i started testing i was seeing jumps from 6-9 so i stopped it. I do miss it though.

Bellatom

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
This morning I had a sachet of Dorset Cereals cranberry porridge
Blood level pre was 6.0 2hrs post was 7.
I know that I shouldnt use this sachet type porridge but I find it fab for me as I know exactly whats in there, its an exact amount and is really tasty . I fill the sachet line with 3 parts water and 1 part milk and it is made up with large oats.
I add nothing else, its not the largest portion in the world and not the cheapest but I went 5 hrs before feeling a little hungry . It has small particules of dried cranberry so its not bland and it doesnt need anything adding to it.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fat will smooth a spike for me.
I have posted on here before that I used to have 100g of wholegrain oats (groats) soaked in hot water in a vacuum flask overnight and then reheated with cream, butter, coconut oil, berries, cinnamon, seeds and nuts. It never spiked me. I only needed a light lunch after that.
Not much use if you're in a hurry though!

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I eat 35grams of porridge in the manner @catherinecherub states, which raise my count by 1.2 mmol around 3 times a week. I also sneak in cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.