1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Does so callwd Full Fat yoghurt exist?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Mal37, May 17, 2018.

1. Mal37

Mal37 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have tried almost every online British supermarket ... trying to get Full Fat Greek Yoghurt
    but they all say No full fat ... and begin to show me ll fat free ones!!!
    H E L P ???

2. Engineer88

Engineer88 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

which supermarket are you looking at? Tesco has their own brand - it isn't called full fat but the low fat is called low fat, confusing I nknow

3. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes I buy Tesco’s too as @Engineer88 says it doesn’t state full fat but it’s 9.5% fat against the low fat which is 3%.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Deleted Account

Deleted Account · Guest

Are you looking for yoghurt which explicitly states "Full fat" or just any that does NOT say "low fat"?
    I think they are the same.
    I assume you are after the "full fat" version because it has less carbs.

5. kaylz91

kaylz91 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

If you type Greek yogurt into any supermarket site it will come up with full fat and low fat, it's easy to distinguish the difference as when you click on the product it brings up a page with nutrition information on it, there are many brands of full fat available all over even Lidl and Aldi so you shouldn't have a problem :confused:

6. hankjam

hankjam Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

It's Lidl's for me, back in the full One litre pot, 10% fat and 3.2% carbohydrate... Greek Style, it's made in Germany...which is fine by me.
    It would be interesting to know if the 3.2% carbohydrate is natural or if they help it a long a bit.
    I really should be getting round to making it myself..... :banghead:

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook