Don't know what to do about missed period!

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So I missed my period this month which has never ever happened! My husband and I weren't actively ttc and were being careful as with every month but I did have some strange goings when I was due my period which on googling are an early pregnancy symptom. I have done several tests which were all negative and the doctor just said to test again in a couple of weeks incase it's to early to show up.

The past couple of days have just been a constant hypo and based on dates, if I was pregnant I would be 7 and a half weeks. I seem to remember hypos happening early on in pregnancy with my son but not the exact number of weeks.

My concern is that if I was pregnant, my bloods have been quite high, I'm not on folic acid or aspirin and haven't had any scans or appointments to check whether everything is ok!

I think I'm probably wishing myself pregnant but don't know what to do and need somewhere to rant

Sorry for the essay!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fingers crossed for whatever you want, Ellie_Wilko.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Ellie_Wilko I have no experience of pregnancy but wanted to send you a hug!

Tagging @Juicyj and @tigger in anticipation that they might be able to provide support and advice in this department.

xxx

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Heya @Ellie_Wilko Pregnancy tests are pretty accurate so if there's some pregnancy hormones floating around they should detect this, but as your doc said try again in a couple of weeks. However don't stress about the high BG levels if you are - I would contact your DSN though to get some input on addressing them. Are you sure there isn't an infection going on say dental or psychically ? Also has there been a pattern to both the highs and lows ? x

Reactions: Snapsy

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Heya @Ellie_Wilko Pregnancy tests are pretty accurate so if there's some pregnancy hormones floating around they should detect this, but as your doc said try again in a couple of weeks. However don't stress about the high BG levels if you are - I would contact your DSN though to get some input on addressing them. Are you sure there isn't an infection going on say dental or psychically ? Also has there been a pattern to both the highs and lows ? x

Yeah with my son I was very early when it showed on a test and I know deep down that I am not pregnant but everything that's happening comes back to "early pregnancy" on google!

I'll see what the test says in a couple of week if I have missed another although after the prospect of thinking ohh I could be, it's made me really want another baby so think we've decided we may start trying again

Im going to see the doctor to get back on folic acid and an hba1c and see what happens x

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Yeah with my son I was very early when it showed on a test and I know deep down that I am not pregnant but everything that's happening comes back to "early pregnancy" on google!

I'll see what the test says in a couple of week if I have missed another although after the prospect of thinking ohh I could be, it's made me really want another baby so think we've decided we may start trying again

Im going to see the doctor to get back on folic acid and an hba1c and see what happens x

I found out about mine at around 4 weeks and rang the pregnancy test company to question it, I was told quite sternly that they are pretty accurate !! That put me back in my box !!

It's good to get your head round it though so getting ready and maybe this is a sign regardless to prepare your body and get a dialogue going with your DSN or GP to get some support. They may be able to loan you a CGM to start doing some monitoring on your levels too - ask them if they can ?

Let us know how you get on and good luck :)