Double Trouble

Julie27318

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just as i think that things can't get any worse after only being Borderline 5 years before becoming Diabetic...i now have been diagnosed with Borderline underactive Thyroid!! So now my worries are an whole lot worse!!!I never knew that like Diabetes Thyroid disease also causes damage to organs!!!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My thyroid gave up a long time ago - I have a test once a year and take Thyroxine - that seems to sort it out well enough.
It isn't a problem.

Reactions: Julie27318

Julie27318

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My thyroid gave up a long time ago - I have a test once a year and take Thyroxine - that seems to sort it out well enough.
It isn't a problem.
My Doctor said rather than throw pills at me he'll keep an eye on it so i have to have a test in December again....i wish they'd give me somthing bcos i got to lose weight for my Diabetes and plus i don't want my hair falling out i love my hair!!

M

Moggely

Hi @Julie27318 . I was diagnose with over active thyriod 18 years ago, they treated it with what i call a nuke pill. So naturally it killed it so now am under active and like @Resurgam it's kept normal with Thyroxine and works well for me as well. I had a bit of trouble with it a few months ago and it did cause thinning of my hair which is now little by little thickening up thank heavens.

Reactions: Prem51 and kitedoc

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Where have you read it causes damage to your organs?

The heart and other organs, if healthy can withstand a little of thyroid disturbance.
If you have failing organs than a broken thyroid won't help, no.
Your pic looks healthy and your strong hair will cope until your body decides to settle down to see if meds are needed.

Thats the beauty of keeping healthy so if any problems come knocking we can withstand it. Right?

Reactions: kitedoc

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have your Vitamin D3 level tested. When I was diagnosed with Type 2, I also had Vitamin D3 deficiency, hypothyroidism and high blood pressure. All controlled within 6 months on LCHF and taking Vitamin D3 supplement.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Have your Vitamin D3 level tested. When I was diagnosed with Type 2, I also had Vitamin D3 deficiency, hypothyroidism and high blood pressure. All controlled within 6 months on LCHF and taking Vitamin D3 supplement.
Hi @Indy51, Could you have been iodine-deficient, causing low thyroid function and the inadvertent increase of iodine in the LCHF corrected this?

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No idea what caused it - TSH was 4.07 when they said I was hypothyroid. When next tested after 3 months was 3.47 - I hadn't actually gone LCHF by then but was on D3. Started LCHF shortly after that test. A year later was 0.95. Never gone as high as original since then.