Drinks

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tea or coffee without sugar would be another good option. You could have full cream and sweetener (but no sugar) with it.

Reactions: dbr10

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I drink sugar free squash, it contains vitamin C. I have very dilute.
I occasionally have diet cherry coke ( Pepsi max)

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
If you like fizzy drinks you could try fizzy water with a slice of lemon?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
For alcohol if you want it, avoid beers and cider which can be high in carbs but most spirits are OK but don't go mad.

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
I love D, a good Scotch is the way to go! I'm a very bad Aussie male as I don't like beer, now it's sorry my Dr says I can't drink beer, Scotch please :)

acs1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What about Soya Milk. It seems to be carb free if you go for unsweetened. Sadly though a bit pricey.

Gabrielle_Tai

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What about Soya Milk. It seems to be carb free if you go for unsweetened. Sadly though a bit pricey.

I do not think soya milk is carbs free because i sure i drink the non sugar/no sugar added version and without injecting any bolus my bs go sky high.

acs1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The one i drink is called Alpen Soya unsweetened whole bean no sugars. The packet say nil carb nil sugar. Thats all i know really about it except 1.40 pounds per litre in the uk

bamba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Try a few drops of angostura bitters ( the stuff that makes pink gin pink ) in soda water.

Bertyboy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Tea (including infusions, but be aware of sugar in fruit teas), covfefe, diluted hi-juice, red wine, dry spirits. Of course, you can go for artificially sweetened things (diet sodas and mixers), but sugar alcohols and analogues are probably best limited in your intake because of metabolic side effects.