Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
D

Deleted Account

As with food, the thing to consider is the amount of carbohydrates in what you drink.
You do not say which type of diabetes you have.
If type 1, you will need to consider your insulin needs.
If type 2, you are likely to find drinks with lots of carbs (e,g hot chocolate), will raise you BG. However, we are all different, so the best way to work out if you can eat or drink something is to measure your BG, drink, wait 2 hours and test again. If you BG risestoo much, it is best to avoid. But, there are many things which can affect your BG so you may want to repeat your experiments twice to make sure.

Similar rules apply with with alcoholic drinks but, alcohol may lower your BG for the next 12 hours or so as your liver sorts out the poison from the alcohol instead of dripping a base level of glucose into your blood.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I drink water, water with low sugar squash, fizzy vitamins in water, coffee with cream and once in a while licorice and or mint tea. I have been known to brew up some real ginger beer, minimizing the sugar content and using artificial sweeteners, during long hot summers.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Buy some fruit teas from the supermarket.. I usually let the tea go cold and put it into the fridge then drink it with ice. I have blended the tea with strawberries and ice before now. Makes a lovely drink

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I'm sure the OP will be back to thank you all :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jollymon

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I make a pot (2 lit.)of herb tea in the morning.(different herb) and drink it during the day

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I drink water, water with low sugar squash, fizzy vitamins in water, coffee with cream and once in a while licorice and or mint tea. I have been known to brew up some real ginger beer, minimizing the sugar content and using artificial sweeteners, during long hot summers.
@Resurgam like the idea of ginger beer. Have you got a recipe to share please???

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I will have to work out the actual amounts - I will put it in my blog on this forum once it is properly written out.