1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Driving and type 2 diabetes

Discussion in 'Driving and DVLA' started by Tange, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Tange

Tange Type 2 · Member

Hi I am tange, newish to diabetes and forum. Please can anyone explain the rules on driving and diabetes. My hba1c result was 63. Do I have to inform my insurance company and the dvla. Have just replaced my old car with a newer model so I want to ensure I am doing the correct procedure etc . Many thanks folks.

2. satindoll

satindoll Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi @Tange ,
    There are other meds you need to advise the DVLA about like Gliclazide as it can cause hypo's, my advice is to read the DVLA guidelines and of course always inform your insurance company, last thing you want is to be told your insurance is void because you didn't tell them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook